Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Is it a custom rom ?
Android needs an AV. So I suppose custom rom too. But it I don't know if AV supports custom rom.

For example time ago I asked norton if I could install it on cyanogenmod (not my phone ) and they said : it could work bad and we do not support those ROMs

A

antreas

Is it a custom rom ?
Android needs an AV. So I suppose custom rom too. But it I don't know if AV supports custom rom.

For example time ago I asked norton if I could install it on cyanogenmod (not my phone ) and they said : it could work bad and we do not support those ROMs

Its android os to use on your computer. They anounce for tv too some time ago. :)

Reactions: Dirk41

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Its android os to use on your computer. They anounce for tv too some time ago. :)
Well i asked Norton the same thing about android ( it is called something like project 64 ) for PC and they said the same thing

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
You can use Android (Stock / Custom) with or without Antivirus. You may if you regularly:
- Rogue Apps (Unknown/Untrusted)
- Risky Sites (Phishing/Scams)

If available, Bitdefender Free Antivirus is sufficient for any Android user. Not sure if it's compatible with Android 7 / Remix OS

A

antreas

You can use Android (Stock / Custom) with or without Antivirus. You may if you regularly:
- Rogue Apps (Unknown/Untrusted)
- Risky Sites (Phishing/Scams)

If available, Bitdefender Free Antivirus is sufficient for any Android user. Not sure if it's compatible with Android 7 / Remix OS
My fault its on android 6 and i use most of the time apps i downloaded and less on the web, i download apps from other source outside of play store i just ask if i have to use it on remix os because its not normal android and i diden't want to do anything that will harm it or bring problems.

jamescv7

Level 61
Verified
Trusted
Since Remix has the same OS, then threats and vulnerabilities are applied.

So an AV is a must if you are engage as mentioned on the post.