Do you get disgusted by lip-syncing in public musical performances?

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
I think if you go far back enough, you would find a time when singers and groups would be ashamed to participate in such chicanery. I think it's a betrayal of the public.

The very best artists are able to do live concert renditions of their songs that are of comparable quality to the original recording. I know a lot of musicians aren't talented enough to do that, or simply don't care enough to put forth the effort.

I'm not a musician, but if I was, I couldn't imagine myself ever participating in the sham of lip-syncing.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Lip sync at a college football game. Is there a lesser form of expression? On the other hand I saw the 80 something Commodores perform live on television at the Liberty Bowl this past week, and that was scary in itself :eek:. At least they gave it everything they had and actually did the singing.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
I think Madonna has done lip-syncing with the excuse that it's too hard to do the dances she did in the video and to sing at the same time. So she apparently chose to do real dancing and fake singing. Prioritieso_O.

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Milli Vanilli :D
Some of you might not remember,or even know about,that lip sync scandal from such a talented duo :rolleyes:

I had to google who Milli Vanilli is and read their wikipedia. Amazing how they are able to get away from it for so long. Shows you somethings talent is not enough to be successful in the entertainment industry.

Am I disgusted by lip syncing? Not really, or only to some. Mainly disgusted by the one who has no talent and has to restore to lipsyncing, for example the one who fail on Saturday Night Live and Milli Vanilli. Mariah Carey and others who can sing but not live are somewhat forgivable. Somewhat, not good for their careers and fans.

Reactions: Venustus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.