Advice Request Do you have an ESET account?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Are your ESET products linked to an my.ESET account?

• Yes

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • No, why?

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Eset Internet Security is offered by my New ISP. They sent me an activation code as a friendly welcome and they advised me to create my.eset account to better manage my activation code which is renewed automatically on a monthly basis. What happened after creating the account is I started to get "your connection is not secure" in all my browsers though the time and date are set correctly. Even my ISP could not help me solve the issue and they sat a fix visit. After some time I could figure the cause out. It is my.eset account; if the time zone in the account profile is not set correctly you'll have this issue. As an example yesterday the date was 30/09/2018 and on Eset interface it is indicated that it was updated on 1/10/2018. After correcting the time zone in my.eset account the issue is gone. Did anyone experience this issue before?

jadinolf

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 20, 2014
Yes, all 5 computers.
This shows just three of them.

Attachments

• eset.jpg
    eset.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 353

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
In response to title of the thread, because that's as far as I read.

I won't vote in the Poll since I'm not an ESET customer. However, some products require registration, but those that are optional, I prefer not to open an account.

After the product expires or stop using it all together, I would seek to Terminate the account or Request account deletion via Support. That's what I did with my Avast account. Not looked back.

Reasons to not register:
- Personal information; Full name, Address, Contact, Email etc
- Billing details for subscription-based services
- Agreeing to additional Terms and Conditions that no one reads

Benefits:
- License management or renewal discounts
- Manage multiple devices (computers and mobile)
- Manage Parental controls
- Anti-theft services
- Rewards or Referral system

In an event of a security breach, well then...

notabot

Level 15
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
Does an ESET account just shows the licensed computers or it gives a full dashboard view with latest scan results , ability to set configurations per computer etc ?

jadinolf

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 20, 2014
Does an ESET account just shows the licensed computers or it gives a full dashboard view with latest scan results , ability to set configurations per computer etc ?
Not familiar with any of that.
Go on the ESET Forum and ask there.:rolleyes:

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018

It just shows the license info and the activated devices using a license linked to your account. It also helps you to locate, wipe a device if it gets stolen (Anti theft). It does not show any info when it comes to system scans and other statistics.

Reactions: jadinolf
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.