Q&A Do you know about Jim Browning and his work?

Nightwalker

Level 22
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
May 26, 2014
According to Wikipedia - "Jim Browning is the Internet alias of a London-based software engineer from Northern Ireland who is a YouTuber and grey hat hacker whose content primarily focuses on scambaiting and exposing scam call centres."

I find his channel at Youtube fascinating, his videos are more entertaining for a geek like me than most content on Netflix :D

With the help of journalists and other youtubers, he managed to dismantle countless scam call centers, as well as helping victims on a daily basis to recover their lifelong savings or avoid an impending scam.

SecureKongo

Level 22
Verified
Feb 25, 2017
According to Wikipedia - "Jim Browning is the Internet alias of a London-based software engineer from Northern Ireland who is a YouTuber and grey hat hacker whose content primarily focuses on scambaiting and exposing scam call centres."

I find his channel at Youtube fascinating, his videos are more entertaining for a geek like me than most content on Netflix :D

With the help of journalists and other youtubers, he managed to dismantle countless scam call centers, as well as helping victims on a daily basis to recover their lifelong savings or avoid an impending scam.

Saw the video months ago, really quite interesting.

roger_m

Level 34
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I'm genuinely interested; have any of you ever got one of these Indian scam calls? I never got one, in fact, these things are really, really rare in Europe.
I get them every few weeks. When I'm in the mood for it, I do my best to waste their time. This is a good thing to do, as it gives them less time to try and scam people who may actually fall for it. I was talking to a scammer for about 45 minutes one day.