Do you need to defrag? O&O SpeedCheck

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
With O&O SpeedCheck you can simulate your Windows system in a fragmented and defragmented state. No data is written in the simulation, it simply reads test data from the hard disk. After completion of the simulation you will be shown a comparison of the two test times, and the possible increase in speed available to you. You can see just how much your PC could be accelerated by regular and thorough defragmentation.

Link: http://www.oo-software.com/en/products/speedcheck

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
lol, i did a defrag & optimization yesterday with smart defrag, i ran the tool above, it says i will gain a 18% increases if i defrag again (surely with this company defragmenter apps as reference)

Untitled-10.png

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Oh, so it checks if your computer needs defragmented.

Also Umbra why so many apps :p

asdrfh.png

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
because im a good paranoid guy that like verify the compatibility of the apps that says they can be.

from left to right:

Magic Iso (for virtual cd ), winpatrol, MBAM Pro, EAM, CIS, Sandboxie, Shadow defender, Secunia, supercopier (a tool that improved the copy-cut-paste functions), my bio-protection tray icon, touchpad icon, audio device icon, and networx (second right).

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
because im a good paranoid guy that like verify the compatibility of the apps that says they can be.

from left to right:

Magic Iso (for virtual cd ), winpatrol, MBAM Pro, EAM, CIS, Sandboxie, Shadow defender, Secunia, supercopier (a tool that improved the copy-cut-paste functions), my bio-protection tray icon, touchpad icon, audio device icon, and networx (second right).

Very nice ;)

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
O&O SpeedCheck looks more like a product designed to lure the user into trying/buying the O&O products:p
O&O it's a known company...but I wonder who is paying for a defrager when there are so many good ones available for free.....O&O Defrag 15 Pro costs 30$ so it's not cheap.
I've tried O&O Defrag 15 Pro in the past and lets just say that all the promises of speeding your computer with 20-30% aren't very accurate(to say the least) .....
In Windows 7 , Microsoft has enabled by default a schedule defragmentation every week, which should be enough for the regular users.
uWKOR.png

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Jack said:
O&O SpeedCheck looks more like a product designed to lure the user into trying/buying the O&O products:p

it is what i felt after the test ^^

O&O it's a known company...but I wonder who is paying for a defrager when there are so many good ones available for free.....O&O Defrag 15 Pro costs 30$ so it's not cheap.

sure :D

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
I find that every company's defrag works and is different and that could be why if you just did a defrag and that shows that you need to do one but with their product which is really only boosting sales for them

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
yes i suspected it too
imsoadude said:
that shows that you need to do one but with their product which is really only boosting sales for them

yes i suspected it too. before i used Perfect Disk, did a scan check the cluster map, uninstalled it , install Iobit Smart Defrag 2, two weeks later, defrag with SD2, and you know what? the cluster map was almost identical than the one done by PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.