Advice Request Do you recommend using any Freeware by Auslogics?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8WARE

Level 1
Verified
Jan 19, 2014
I have used auslogics boostspeed, but the reason i detch it was google sender file and the crashes the program have and the graphic interface that takes much PC resourses and i dont know if they remove those two or not

Reactions: Der.Reisende

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Their disk defrag software is quite good, as is Microsoft's defrag tool. However, it's probably best to avoid their other products.

Most of the "updates" their driver updater finds are actually the exact same driver versions as you alreay have installed. This has been happening for a few months now. For exmplae it finds over 50 driver updates on my laptop. Only one or two of these are acutal newer drivers, the rest are either the same version as the already installed drivers, or even older versions sometimes.

All of their products which clean the regsitry have issues with false positves, where they want to remove any Start Menu link to a website. I email them about it some months ago to report the bug, but they they never replied.

They have created fake review sites to promote their TweakBit branded products.

As already mentioned in this thread, you will need to do a custom install with most of their products or you will get BoostSpeed installed too. I belive this provides a very good reason for BoostSpeed to classified as a PUP.

BoostSpeed is a bad product in my opinion. I don't like some of the recommendations it makes. It wants to remove all of your Chome and IE extensions.

Their very basic antimalware product Auslogics Anti-Malware sometimes does not receive new Avira definition updates for days.

simbelmayne

Level 3
Verified
Jul 4, 2016
Lol, everybody are just using disk defrag and spitting on all other their products. Me too, actually. Those were the first two programs that I downloaded to make my PC a little bit faster and less laggy: CCleaner and DiskDefrag. I felt like real computer expert, so smart and advanced, almost a hacker =)

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
I tried Defrag pro and liked it
But what confuses me is why does auslogic install GAsender.exe (Google Analytics) in the installation folder if there is no spyware?

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Hey, Auslogics has a really good defragger, but you download their tune up program as well, and as far as I know there is nothing you can do about it(besides pay for Auslogics Disc Defrag Pro)

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Hey, Auslogics has a really good defragger, but you download their tune up program as well, and as far as I know there is nothing you can do about it(besides pay for Auslogics Disc Defrag Pro)
You just need to select the option to do a custom install when you install their defrag software, and then you will be given the option to not install Boot Speed. Or, if you have Unchecky installed it will do this for you.

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Their disk defrag software is quite good, as is Microsoft's defrag tool. However, it's probably best to avoid their other products.

Most of the "updates" their driver updater finds are actually the exact same driver versions as you alreay have installed. This has been happening for a few months now. For exmplae it finds over 50 driver updates on my laptop. Only one or two of these are acutal newer drivers, the rest are either the same version as the already installed drivers, or even older versions sometimes.

All of their products which clean the regsitry have issues with false positves, where they want to remove any Start Menu link to a website. I email them about it some months ago to report the bug, but they they never replied.

They have created fake review sites to promote their TweakBit branded products.

As already mentioned in this thread, you will need to do a custom install with most of their products or you will get BoostSpeed installed too. I belive this provides a very good reason for BoostSpeed to classified as a PUP.

BoostSpeed is a bad product in my opinion. I don't like some of the recommendations it makes. It wants to remove all of your Chome and IE extensions.

Their very basic antimalware product Auslogics Anti-Malware sometimes does not receive new Avira definition updates for days.
Totally agree, especially about Boostspeed, the right word is not "dangerous" but...you are close to it.

Paul123

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 9, 2016
Auslogics Disk Defrag is good. I only use it for external drives now though, as my laptop has SSDs, and there's absolutely no point defragging those. 1 year Pro licences for it come up quite often as giveaways.

None of their other products really shine, and are best avoided.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
the older versions of boostspeed ( v5 especially ) was good without any acces bloat and did a great job , at that time using it it did mad a big difference on my system and I mean this in a possitve way! nowwadays I keep away from them as far as I can.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Some further opinions on Auslogics products.

For some reason, Auslogics Registry Cleaner (both the standalone product, and the regisry cleaner included with Boost Speed) finds over eighteen thousand false positives on my main laptop. I'm not sure why this happens, as on other computers the only issues wtih false positives are the previosuly mentioned issues of links to websites in the Start Menu. It definitely not a case of deliberate false positives, but is a serious bug.

Their driver update software is actually very good. I mentioned that sometimes it finds "updates" which are actually the same version as the driver installed, or occasionally an older driver. However, I have found that this only happens when the current driver is not digitally signed (the new driver will be), or if it wants to replace a generic Microsoft high definition audio driver with the actual OEM audio driver. The OEM driver may be older, but will have more features then the generic Microsoft one.

I'm using a rebrand of Ausslogics Driver Updater on a few computers and it works very well. It has a very large database of drivers, which is continually being expanded. It runs in the background, and occasinally scans for driver updates. I'm suprised at how often it finds new driver updates.

Not all their software is bad, but they are definitely a shady company.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
No. They are almost as bad as IObit.

Their cleaners/boosters break stuff (had to rebuild after using BoostSpeed).

Nothing special about their defragmenter.

I've used Duplicate Cleaner Free for years; it's great.

Pearl96

Level 5
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
Auslogics products are great! I used to have BoostSpeed from version 6 till 8 and had no issues with it! But one should be careful when it comes to registry cleaning process. Auslogics Disk Defrage is one of the best.

Pearl96

Level 5
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
Auslogics Boostspeed and other installers from Auslogics are now detected by Eset as "Unsafe". I have the option "detection of potentially unsafe application" enabled.

Reactions: Winter Soldier

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Auslogics Boostspeed and other installers from Auslogics are now detected by Eset as "Unsafe". I have the option "detection of potentially unsafe application" enabled.
I just scanned the installer for BoostSpeed at VirusTotal and it was detected by ESET as "a varient of Win32/Auslogics.B potentially unwanted." It is not detecting it as being unsafe, but as a PUP, and it would not be detected if you had detection of PUPs disabled.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.