Adguard Lifetime license for 4 devices - $34.99: Do you think the AdGuard deal is worth it?

• Total voters

Slyguy

Level 41
Verified
As seen on BleepingComputer Deals, you can get AdGuard Premium for 2 computers + 2 Android phones lifetime for $34.99, updates included. Is it worth it? I mean, you can get uBlock Origin for free, but it only supports Chrome.
Nope. For that price, or a little more you can drop a Pi-Hole on your network and filter way better BEFORE that data even hits your network, without the bloat of another program on your systems and WAY faster.

Lightning_Brian

Level 13
Verified
Content Creator
i have bought this deal myse;lf on stacksocial last year and it is totally worth it! ;)
@Trickster agreed! Very nice software. Can be a bit heavy on the CPU side though at times. However privacy concerns have been raised with what they do with URLs and stuffs. uBlock Origin is the only next best thing I think for anything that is free.

Reactions: Mr.Wave

Lightning_Brian

Level 13
Verified
Content Creator
Yeap. their license management works beautifully. You can quickly see where your licenses are installed and revoke the ones not in use anymore... many vendors could learn a lesson or two with them.
@mlnevese Norton has the same thing - very nice feature. I wish more software vendors would do this. Most software vendors take a hardware snapshot (also called a hardware footprint) so they know what kind of marketing they must go after. Overall very nice software! I'm still debating about buying the lifetime.......Errr.......Thoughts anyone?

Reactions: mlnevese