Do you think the AdGuard deal is worth it? (Lifetime license for 4 devices - $34.99)

Adguard Lifetime license for 4 devices - $34.99: Do you think the AdGuard deal is worth it?

• Total voters

Danielx64

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 24, 2017
Yeap. their license management works beautifully. You can quickly see where your licenses are installed and revoke the ones not in use anymore... many vendors could learn a lesson or two with them.
Also I can see that you can now move your license from one account to another now.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

As seen on BleepingComputer Deals, you can get AdGuard Premium for 2 computers + 2 Android phones lifetime for $34.99, updates included. Is it worth it? I mean, you can get uBlock Origin for free, but it only supports Chrome.

Nope. For that price, or a little more you can drop a Pi-Hole on your network and filter way better BEFORE that data even hits your network, without the bloat of another program on your systems and WAY faster.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Why not get a ROM that has Adaway built in and use ad-free apps from XDA? Adguard hasn't worked for me other than slowing my connection down.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
i have bought this deal myse;lf on stacksocial last year and it is totally worth it! ;)

@Trickster agreed! Very nice software. Can be a bit heavy on the CPU side though at times. However privacy concerns have been raised with what they do with URLs and stuffs. uBlock Origin is the only next best thing I think for anything that is free.

Reactions: FrFc1908

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Yeap. their license management works beautifully. You can quickly see where your licenses are installed and revoke the ones not in use anymore... many vendors could learn a lesson or two with them.

@mlnevese Norton has the same thing - very nice feature. I wish more software vendors would do this. Most software vendors take a hardware snapshot (also called a hardware footprint) so they know what kind of marketing they must go after. Overall very nice software! I'm still debating about buying the lifetime.......Errr.......Thoughts anyone?

Reactions: mlnevese

Sammo

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2012
I got it mostly for for my phones. No ads in any apps as well as anti-phishing protection.

Reactions: hamo

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.