Does anyone have any idea about cryprostorm ??? Is it a malware ???

Myna

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
While checking my Gmail inbox I saw a mail from FreedomHacker.net giving me a token of a VPN software (I guess). Screenshot added-
Ashampoo_Snap_2014_02_03_12h11m01s_003.jpg

My Norton Safe Web rating says 'nottested' for both freedomhacker and cryptostorm website.
searching back my old mails did reveal that I have subscribed to freedomhacker website even though I've no recollection of doing so. Maybe I did it with a little booze on. Anyways moving on..... what is this Cryptostorm thing ???? A VPN ??? Their website says so. And also some other stuff like anti NSA, darknet, etc etc.

So I just want to know, does anyone have any knowledge about this cryptostorm software ??? If so, please enlighten me.

Thank You

And as a side note I'd like to add this as well - I'm not encouraging anyone to visit the link provided anywhere in this post. Stay away until proven to be harmless. I don't want anyone running after me with a dagger claiming I crippled their machine. lol...

nclr11111

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Feb 25, 2011
Reactions: Myna

Myna

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
Thanks man. Cryptostorm sounds better now :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.