Does anyone use Spybot Anti-Spyware anymore?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 333v73x
  • Start date

Does anyone use Spybot Anti-Spyware anymore?

• Yes

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 41 87.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
IS it similar to Spybot Search and Destroy? I have not using it for ages The last time I touched that was ard when Window 2000 started.

Reactions: DracusNarcrym
C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

Thread author
Back in the day of the oldschool spyware infections like Lop and other nasties , it actually did good. It whas one of my favorites at That time along With spyware doctor. Today its nothing more than wasted space on Your harddrive.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What are your opinions of Spybot Anti-Spyware and does anyone use it anymore?

Last version I used was v1.6, when it was called Spybot Search and Destroy (SnD). At the time, it was eventually replaced by SuperAnti-Spyware, then Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

It's no longer a software I would ever consider using.

S

Smith83

Thread author
Lol, they actually have the nerve to charge for it......:rolleyes:

upload_2015-12-31_10-52-55.png

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
I was just using the freeware edition until recently (1 scan in 2 months or so) for the immunization feature made me feel comfortable with IE in a way.Other than the registry leftover by toolbars,it was just detecting privacy traces.

Reactions: NOLF92

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Actually even way back before the performance of Spybot Search and Destroy as anti-spyware may not reach fully as nearly perfect stage but good program though.

But....

As other competitors existed, Spybot is fell behind on track and decided to be a full blown AV however considered to be mediocre. Some components are not needed in the sense the OS itself contains already.

N

NOLF92

Thread author
Actually even way back before the performance of Spybot Search and Destroy as anti-spyware may not reach fully as nearly perfect stage but good program though.

But....

As other competitors existed, Spybot is fell behind on track and decided to be a full blown AV however considered to be mediocre. Some components are not needed in the sense the OS itself contains already.

As the saying goes... stick at what you're good at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.