Does comodo internet security offer good enough protection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amiga500

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Any opinions please on the strength of security offered by CIS please.

Is it enough on its own.

Thanks.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
It's more than enough. If it's configured correctly it's among the best.

Chiron

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Amiga500 said:
Any opinions please on the strength of security offered by CIS please.

Is it enough on its own.

Thanks.
In terms of malware I believe it is. However, I would recommend configuring it as I advise here:
http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-install-comodo-firewall.htm

However, in addition to that I would advise adding some additional protection against known phishing pages.

Amiga500

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Thank you for those re-assuring replies.I have in fact used comodo internet security for several years with small interludes of trying other things but i always come back to comodo as it never gives any problems.

I use firefox browser with the WOT add on,is this good enough for most phishing pages.?

Thanks for the links provided.

S

starchild76

you can use bitdefender trafficlight as a replacement for wot : its better in detecting malicious pages , it also has a phising filter :) !!!!

Amiga500

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Thanks.

However i never partake in any financial transactions online at all so phishing protection may not be such a high priority.
Im more concerned with malicious files etc rather than fake paypal etc.

Can WOT and BDTL be used together by any chance?

S

starchild76

Amiga500 said:
Thanks.

However i never partake in any financial transactions online at all so phishing protection may not be such a high priority.
Im more concerned with malicious files etc rather than fake paypal etc.

Can WOT and BDTL be used together by any chance?

For webpagescanners goes the same as running two virusscanners on one computer , the two will disturb echother and will only slowdown your webbrowsing speed. just use what you feel comfortable with and you will be fine :)

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
If Comodo Internet Security is utilized correctly, it will block any kind of malicious process. Of coarse the same applies to UAC which runs at the OS kernel level above all security software and doesn't require tweaking and maintenance. The best protection is your own actions while browsing and downloading files. Today's malware doesn't automatically download and execute itself like malware of the old days that use browsers and web applications that were not secure against drive-bye downloads. Extensions like NoScript if used correctly will block online threats. You can disable scripts in IE using security zones and there are extensions for Chrome that will do the same.

The only thing CIS can not block is exploits using vulnerabilities within Windows OS which have to be patched with Windows Updates. Exploits using vulnerabilities within Windows OS can bypass any process running at the software level. However CIS can block any vulnerabilities within your installed software.

For a user like myself CIS is an over-kill, I never get infections so I just don't need powerful protection or do I want to mess with a product that has to be continuously tweaked and requires manual maintenance in order to run smoothly.

Enjoy!! :D

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
on 11-4-13 you asked the samething i do not understand why to ask again ?

"Im currently using comodo internet security 6.3 and have been for quite a while"

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-CIS-6-3

thanks

James

:)

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
I have used CIS for 3-4 months, and by my experience with it, I could say that if you configure it well, then you can get a stronghold over there. For my first times with CIS, how to say, it was just scanning and ticking nearly every possible mini-problems as infected (even cookies!), sees everything from the dark side of the moon :D 15-20days passed like this and then, well, I happened to realize that I 'have to' configure it, so I did it how its mentioned on some forums like MT. It was doing okay until I get some minor problems with its firewall functions, then uninstalled it. Before the time of unistallation and even now, I find it quite over-kill like Littlebits. CIS is surely a monster but c'mon, I think that, 'that' much of over-reacting is not fun eh? :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Yes.

As do many other "recognised" security software.

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
jim lin said:

thanks

James

Amiga500 is like a man with a woman with this suite. :) Tells everyone how wonderful she is, but then needs to be reassured that he made the right move being with her.

Amiga500

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
aztony said:
jim lin said:

thanks

James

Amiga500 is like a man with a woman with this suite. :) Tells everyone how wonderful she is, but then needs to be reassured that he made the right move being with her.

LOL about right actually.
Then again dont all men feel this way ?

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Amiga500 said:
aztony said:
jim lin said:

thanks

James

If you doubt your woman's loyalty and trust, it was a mistake getting with her in the first place. Best get rid of her before she gives you a lovely STI because shes been sleeping around. (in this case a malware infection of some sort)

Same goes for security software, Don't use it if you have doubts and can't trust and depend on it to do what it's meant to do, Of course these days I don't recommend anyone put 100% trust into any security program as none of them can guarantee 100% protection.

Can say the same about women as it's physically impossible they can provide me 100% happiness thanks to a silly design fault, Periods and mood swings.
(Security software will always have bugs and false positives and can't detect/protect against ALL threats)

Of course you can do what some users around here do and have multiple women.
(Multiple security software layered on top of each other and each configured...uniquely all within your Fort Knox Party House)

Thanks.

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
well its good but sometime it sandbox legit software i had it sandbox my skype once duno why,right now i'm using 360 security suite but comodo is really good but too much user interaction at times i'll say

Amiga500

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
MrXidus said:
Amiga500 said:
aztony said:
jim lin said:

thanks

James

If you doubt your woman's loyalty and trust, it was a mistake getting with her in the first place. Best get rid of her before she gives you a lovely STI because shes been sleeping around. (in this case a malware infection of some sort)

Same goes for security software, Don't use it if you have doubts and can't trust and depend on it to do what it's meant to do, Of course these days I don't recommend anyone put 100% trust into any security program as none of them can guarantee 100% protection.

Can say the same about women as it's physically impossible they can provide me 100% happiness thanks to a silly design fault, Periods and mood swings.
(Security software will always have bugs and false positives and can't detect/protect against ALL threats)

Of course you can do what some users around here do and have multiple women.
(Multiple security software layered on top of each other and each configured...uniquely all within your Fort Knox Party House)

Thanks.

Thanks.
However i do not socialize with the same sort of "women" that you do and i fail to see how STI,S and sexuality have anything to do with CIS what so ever and this thread is falling off the track very quickly.

Anyway i decided i dont need the overkill and bloat of comodo and im successfully running KIS 2014 which offers the protection i need.

Amiga500

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
jim lin said:

"Im currently using comodo internet security 6.3 and have been for quite a while"

thanks

James

@JAMES.

Is there any actual relevance to your post please.?
How is questioning my earlier posts about comodo of any use to this thread.?

Please show some respect and think before posting please.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.