Advice Request Does Iobit's Advanced System Care Interfere with Domain Workstations?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MurrayC

Thread author
Jul 6, 2018
Hi there.. first time posting here...

I just got my knuckles rapped by our IT department regarding installing (and telling others to install) Iobit's Advanced System Care (ASC) software.

The IT guys in my company are NOT the friendly type (little prisses actually) so I am skeptical when they tell me ASC causes problems. I've used it for YEARS on both my work and homes PCs without ever having a problem.

In particular, my IT guy said "It interferes with our ability to remotely administer domain workstations". I want to know if this is true or not?

If so... then I have no problem uninstalling it as ordered, but given the history of their personalities constantly rubbing me and my coworkers the wrong way, it feels total nonsense.

I am the LAST person to tell these guys how to do their jobs, and I totally respect their abilities, but when their reputations precede them, it feels like they are feeding us false info.

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Well, it should not cause much problems. But it is realy bloated. I would never touch iobit system care.Sometimes, when u for example use the "deep registry cleaner", it can cause problems and give u false positives. The cleaner itself is fine. But well, its Iobit.. Only software i use from them is iobit uninstaller, top notch. If u want a cleaner u can simply use ccleaner+ccenhancer, bleachbit or privazer. Way more stable and mature.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
"It interferes with our ability to remotely administer domain workstations". I want to know if this is true or not?

does that machine have any other security suite or apps? I personally don't use ASC, so I had to go through their website to understand its feature. It seems ASC pro has a security component which,according to them, proactively detect and block security holes in real time. But if you are using ASC free then the story can be something else. btw, does it tweak registry or services? Onething I still don't understand why iobit needs to bloat its cleaner with useless security modules. Nonetheless, need much more info to understand your situation...Can't pass a loose comment!

Last edited:

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
They are totally right my friend. ASC is a cleaning and optimizing software. Although many don't like it (personally I don't either) this product also messes up with network and Windows services. They have specific options to "optimize" these and they're known to mess systems up. I would suggest NOT installing it on a work PC. :)

Reactions: CyberTech
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.