Advice Request Does Kaspersky Internet or Total Security have a "Protected Folders" feature like Bitdefender?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

itssaulgoodman

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 17, 2017
Hi There,

Some have said that Kaspersky does indeed have a "Protected Folders/Files" feature within their Internet and Total Security suites, however, it takes a bit of tinkering with the software to use it. I know this is one of Bitdefender's main features (I have Bitdefender IS 2018 at the moment) on the Internet and Total Security packages.

Thus, is it true that there is a protected folders/files feature within Kaspersky Internet or Total Security? If so, how do you turn it on?

Many Thanks.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Kaspersky uses all its layers to protect against ransomware, but application control allows you to do whatever you want with a file. Very deep intuitive feature that will allow you to lock down file access.

Someone else will chime in with a better answer ;)

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Well, the answer is no, or not in the same way or with a specific module, but You may emulate with "Application Control".

The link posted by @Evjl's Rain is correct, but I usually implement a similar protection in some of my systems in a different way, using the same method, for instead, but protecting specific folders (not specific file types) or even full drives, 2nd screen-shot of this post:

SECURE: Complete - harlan4096's Security Config 2018

mamamia

Level 3
Verified
Feb 27, 2016
Well, the answer is no, or not in the same way or with a specific module, but You may emulate with "Application Control".

The link posted by @Evjl's Rain is correct, but I usually implement a similar protection in some of my systems in a different way, using the same method, for instead, but protecting specific folders (not specific file types) or even full drives, 2nd screen-shot of this post:

SECURE: Complete - harlan4096's Security Config 2018

Harlan, the first pic does not enlarge. Can you fix it?.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
It's working here, I mean, both pics on that post can be zoomed clicking on them, so the issues probably is in your side :unsure::unsure:

Reactions: silversurfer

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
It's working here, I mean, both pics on that post can be zoomed clicking on them, so the issues probably is in your side :unsure::unsure:
Harlan I have the same problem with the first pic:
oops.PNG
Second one loads fine.

mamamia

Level 3
Verified
Feb 27, 2016
So strange :unsure: maybe You have some browser extension blocking it? I can open and zoom it without any issues (FFQ)...

Anyway here You are:

Man, easy, upload the pic again.... I get this message: "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action".

Reactions: harlan4096

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I upload the pic to a public server (imgur), so why can't You access it?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.