Bundled with PUP
None
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Bitdefender
Hi There,

Some have said that Kaspersky does indeed have a "Protected Folders/Files" feature within their Internet and Total Security suites, however, it takes a bit of tinkering with the software to use it. I know this is one of Bitdefender's main features (I have Bitdefender IS 2018 at the moment) on the Internet and Total Security packages.

Thus, is it true that there is a protected folders/files feature within Kaspersky Internet or Total Security? If so, how do you turn it on?

Many Thanks.

motox781

Level 7
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Norton
Kaspersky uses all its layers to protect against ransomware, but application control allows you to do whatever you want with a file. Very deep intuitive feature that will allow you to lock down file access.

Someone else will chime in with a better answer ;)

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 38
Content Creator
AV-Tester
Verified
Operating System
Windows 8.1
Antivirus
Avast

harlan4096

MalwareTips Team
AV-Tester
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
Well, the answer is no, or not in the same way or with a specific module, but You may emulate with "Application Control".

The link posted by @Evjl's Rain is correct, but I usually implement a similar protection in some of my systems in a different way, using the same method, for instead, but protecting specific folders (not specific file types) or even full drives, 2nd screen-shot of this post:

SECURE: Complete - harlan4096's Security Config 2018

mamamia

Level 3
Verified
Well, the answer is no, or not in the same way or with a specific module, but You may emulate with "Application Control".

The link posted by @Evjl's Rain is correct, but I usually implement a similar protection in some of my systems in a different way, using the same method, for instead, but protecting specific folders (not specific file types) or even full drives, 2nd screen-shot of this post:

SECURE: Complete - harlan4096's Security Config 2018
Harlan, the first pic does not enlarge. Can you fix it?.

harlan4096

MalwareTips Team
AV-Tester
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
It's working here, I mean, both pics on that post can be zoomed clicking on them, so the issues probably is in your side :unsure::emoji_thinking:

harlan4096

MalwareTips Team
AV-Tester
Verified
Operating System
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
I upload the pic to a public server (imgur), so why can't You access it?????