Does Revo Uninstaller intend to continue omitting 64 bit support from its free program indefinitely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Thinking about buying the pro version on sale, but it's not even a real lifetime license as far as I'm concerned.

Upgrades to future versions of the software will be free for minor versions only.

Reactions: Andrew999
L

LabZero

Revo free version only detects 32-bit programs and then would run fine on a x32 OS.
On a x64 OS are not detected the 64 bit programs but only 32-bit ones.
Now, most operating systems is x64, and obviously this restriction forces the user to purchase the Pro version.
So I don't think there will be Revo free for 64-bit programs.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
That's one of their strongest strategy to encourage users to purchase the Pro version, so for sure the voice of the suggestion may not be ever follow. Go to other alternatives which manage to provide both support to show programs in bothy architecture.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I recommend Iobit uninstaller I am not going to pay for a yearly subscription of something I am hardly going to use

Reactions: conceptualclarity

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
I have used Iobit Uninstaller for ages and it done a fantastic job at getting rid of stuff even forcing it to remove when the inbuilt installer decides that it doesn't want to work.

However, I won Revo Pro from a giveaway here on MT and been using it ever since. I have no issues with it. Works just fine for me and does what it says on the tin.

Both of them are fantastic. Of course Iobit Uninstaller gets the edge because it is free. I honestly wouldn't pay for Revo Pro when iobit is around but I got It for free, so might as well use it! :)

Reactions: conceptualclarity

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Thanks for your comments, my MT pals.

IObit Uninstaller is quite good. It is the most resource-heavy uninstaller, however. Geek Uninstaller is good, but my experience is IObit and Revo get more things. I have a couple of giveaway shareware uninstallers, Soft Organizer and Smarty, that generally get far fewer items than the free Geek version gets.

It varies a great deal, but I would say that Revo has a slight edge over IObit in terms of how much it finds.

I ended up shelling out $10 for Revo Pro on my next computer. A search suggested Revo doesn't give it away except in contests, and the price I got is probably the best sale price I could hope for.

Reactions: LabZero
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.