Does the Rising antivirus has allot of false positives? also is the linked game safe?

idunno

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2017
There is this one game that I downloaded from gamejolt and when I scanned it on Virustotal I noticed that the rising antivirus found something
Is it a false positive? no other anti virus/anti malware detected something
and allot of people on twitter that downloaded the game dosent seem to have any obvious signs of a malware infection
So is it safe?
game (I downloaded the hebrew version):Game Jolt - Indie games for the love of it
virustotal link: Antivirus scan for e99de33cef1afa670c01972e851dd51fa28d1303a3968050774b144b740bb44d at 2017-07-17 19:21:19 UTC - VirusTotal

-Thanks!

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Rising has major issues with false positives these days (it hasn't always been that way), so I you can be sure it is a false positive.

idunno

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2017
Rising has major issues with false positives these days (it hasn't always been that way), so I you can be sure it is a false positive.
When I was going to open the file windows said the file is infected, should I trust it?

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
if windows is telling you it is infected, dump it.

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
is rising antivirus alive in the first place?

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
is rising antivirus alive in the first place?
Yes it is. The current version is only partly translated to English, but the previous version which is in English is also still developed, even though they shut down the English website a few years ago.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.