Advice Request Does this mean that something escaped the Sandbox? (Solved)

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirk41

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Hi everyone!
I already asked to SBIE support and it seems they don't know how this can happen and they should have my printer to test ( a canon mp600 )

so..read carefully: when I print something from the browser (FF...for example a pdf opened in the browser with ff in-built pdf viewer and I click on the printer icon in the pdf viewer). the message below shows up.
But I can config the printer and print without double clicking and allowing those messages in the box

wha does it mean this? the printer can escape the SB??? should I be worried?

thank you

sbie.png

EDIT : now they say it's ok..nothing is escaping the SB. ok thank you anyway sorry

Last edited:

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
Yes, nothing is escaped, I believe that the print process does not work under Sandboxie, such as antivirus or drivers do not work and generate errors if installed under Sandboxie.

Reactions: Dirk41 and shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Sandboxie virtualization does allow contact with your printer. ReHIPS isolation allows it, too. COMODO sandbox does not -- all you can do is download your print job as a PDF, and print that.

Reactions: Dirk41 and tim one
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.