Q&A Does this mean that something escaped the Sandbox? (Solved)

Discussion in 'Sandboxie (Invincea)' started by Dirk41, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Dirk41

Dirk41 Level 16

Mar 17, 2016
    Earth
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    #1 Dirk41, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    Build version:
    Hi everyone!
    I already asked to SBIE support and it seems they don't know how this can happen and they should have my printer to test ( a canon mp600 )

so..read carefully: when I print something from the browser (FF...for example a pdf opened in the browser with ff in-built pdf viewer and I click on the printer icon in the pdf viewer). the message below shows up.
    But I can config the printer and print without double clicking and allowing those messages in the box

wha does it mean this? the printer can escape the SB??? should I be worried?

thank you

sbie.png

EDIT : now they say it's ok..nothing is escaping the SB. ok thank you anyway sorry

2. tim one

tim one Level 18
    Trusted AV Tester

Jul 31, 2014
    Europe
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Yes, nothing is escaped, I believe that the print process does not work under Sandboxie, such as antivirus or drivers do not work and generate errors if installed under Sandboxie.

Dirk41 and shmu26 like this.
  3. shmu26

shmu26 Level 53

Jul 3, 2015
    Utopia
    Sandboxie virtualization does allow contact with your printer. ReHIPS isolation allows it, too. COMODO sandbox does not -- all you can do is download your print job as a PDF, and print that.

Dirk41 and tim one like this.