Advice Request Does Windscribe VPN log your activity or anything from you?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Does Windscribe VPN log your activity or anything from you? I know this is a dumbest question. I am currently trying out their free version VPN, and so far I like it. I might consider buy their premium soon.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
We store total amount of bandwidth your account has consumed in 1 month period, which is reset every month on the day of your registration. This is used to enforce free tier limitations as well as prevent abuse. We do not store historical usage. We also store a timestamp of your last activity on the Windscribe network, this is done to weed out inactive accounts. We do not store connection logs, IP timestamps, or sites you visit (we are firm believer that one's browsing history should be taken to one's grave).
For the duration of your connection we store the following data in a temporary location: OpenVPN username, VPN server connected to, time of connection, amount of data transferred during the session. This data expires and is discarded within 3 minutes of session termination.
If for some strange reason you decide not to use our service anymore, the only piece of information that will remain is your username, password and email address (if you provided it). We periodically prune inactive accounts. You can request your account to be deleted by sending us a support ticket.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
if you buy a licence on stacksocial it is for unlimited devices , so I guess if you bought it there , it will work under one account

I bought the license through Windscribe site.
On Windscribe? Yes. You should have access to unlimited devices.

Yes. I upgrade to the Pro on Windscribe site.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
if you buy a licence on stacksocial it is for unlimited devices , so I guess if you bought it there , it will work under one account
You can get a good deal with Cyberghost and Windscribe on Stack Social. I just bought Windscribe Lifetime 2 days ago for $69 USD. Very good deal.

Cyberghost Link
The Web Isn't So Spooky with This Top-Reviewed VPN at Your Side

Windscribe Link
Hello, Private Browsing! Protect Your Online Data on an Unlimited # of Devices with One Purchase

I highly recommend Cyberghost, Windscribe, and I heard that TigerVPN is pretty good too, especially for the price. They have Lifetime for $35 USD. This End-to-End Internet Safety Vest Makes Private Browsing Affordable

PS. These links are not referral links. These are just my personal opinions on good deals and VPNS.

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Very surprised and rather disappointed to see Windscribe (presumably Yegor himself) whose product I have been very pleased with, use such offensive and unprofessional language:

WARNING: Attachment contains highly offensive language.

Attachments

• Windscribe-Hotspotshield.JPG
    Windscribe-Hotspotshield.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 781
Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Nah, he's always been a direct, can't blame him for that. He's confident about himself and Windscribe and he doesn't seem to fear of any other VPN company. Windscribe setup, images, some links in website, and in the email notifications, you can find irony, jokes, sarcasm. It's up to a users interpretation how you translate it. I trust in Windscribe.

Reactions: Andrew999

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
I agree with you on most things @davisd but not on this. There is nothing at all humorous about using such language. Very unprofessional and the last thing he should be doing if he wants both himself and Windscribe to be respected.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I agree with you on most things @davisd but not on this. There is nothing at all humorous about using such language. Very unprofessional and the last thing he should be doing if he wants both himself and Windscribe to be respected.
Yeah, to be honest, that is the bad thing about Windscribe how unprofessional they are. Like in the Discord they are always swearing.

If I was going to recommend a VPN it would probably be TigerVPN, I have talked to their support and they seem very nice and love feedback and suggestions. They seem very honest and their privacy policy seems to keep no secrets and is described very well. Their pricing is also pretty good. www.tigervpn.com

Reactions: uninfected1
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

I understand what you mean, maybe he stripped the line this time a bit too much. Appereantly this type of communication with members works out better than being more tolerant for he's company? Sales should show that. He isn't stupid, he's just very "open". I'm not saying I like the way he answers, but he could take some lessons to be more polite and respectful towards others.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Reactions: uninfected1
D

Deleted member 178

All VPNs are just tools created by a big conspiracy made by an international consortium of secret agencies to bet and trap potential criminals, all datas are in fact decrypted and analyzed by a dedicated program when they reach their shadow servers, and your IP being used to pinpoint your location.

"paranoia? because i worth it"

itwt

Reactions: omidomi
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.