Advice Request Does ZAFree play nice with Kaspersky Security Cloud Free 2019?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I became tired of convoluted CFW, so I am thinking of pairing KSCF2019 with ZAF. Has anyone tried this combo?

Reactions: AtlBo

aliali

Level 2
Verified
Sep 7, 2016
I'm using Kaspersky free + zonalarm firewall free
kaspersky GetSystemInfo reports
in.PNG

dash

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 15, 2018
Have a look at TinyWall. I just discovered it from @oldschool 's laptop config. Looks like it might be the answer to my FW woes.

EDIT: Or not. It wouldn't even install on my system. Nvm, I got it. Seems familiar, think I might've used it a long time ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: AtlBo and oldschool

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Have a look at TinyWall. I just discovered it from @oldschool 's laptop config. Looks like it might be the answer to my FW woes.

EDIT: Or not. It wouldn't even install on my system.
It's probably because it has not been updated for a while and it's digital signature is not co-signed by Microsoft.
Check this Windows 10 Privacy Guide - October 2018 Update
Scroll down, you will find a modified version of the installer that also works on recent versions of Windows 10

dash

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 15, 2018
It's probably because it has not been updated for a while and it's digital signature is not co-signed by Microsoft.
Check this Windows 10 Privacy Guide - October 2018 Update
Scroll down, you will find a modified version of the installer that also works on recent versions of Windows 10
Weird, it just installed on my Insider W10 (Build 18290). Will bookmark that though, thanks for the info.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016

EDIT: Or not. It wouldn't even install on my system. Nvm, I got it. Seems familiar, think I might've used it a long time ago.
Windows Firewall Control
Windows Firewall Control is a powerful tool which extends the functionality of Windows Firewall and provides new extra features which makes Windows Firewall better. It runs in the system tray and allows the user to control the native firewall easily without having to waste time by navigating to the specific part of the firewall. This is the best tool to manage the native firewall from Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Server 2016, Server 2012. Windows Firewall Control offers four filtering modes which can be switched with just a mouse click:

High Filtering - All outbound and inbound connections are blocked. This profile blocks all attempts to connect to and from your computer.
Medium Filtering - Outbound connections that do not match a rule are blocked. Only the programs that you allow can initiate outbound connections.
Low Filtering - Outbound connections that do not match a rule are allowed. The user can block the programs he doesn't want to allow initiating outbound connections.
No Filtering - Windows Firewall is turned off. Avoid using this setting unless you have another firewall running on your computer.

Windows Firewall Control doesn't do any packet filtering and does not block or allow any connection. This is done by Windows Firewall itself based on the existing firewall rules.
√ Notifications of outbound blocked connections.
√ Learning mode that automatically allows digitally signed programs.
√ Create temporary rules which are automatically deleted when they expire or on program restart.
√ Intuitive user interface which is easy accessible through a system tray icon.
√ Full support with standard user accounts. Elevated privileges are required only at installation.
√ Disable the ability of other programs to tamper Windows Firewall rules and state.
√ Integrated support of creating, modifying and deleting Window Firewall rules.
√ Multiple and easier ways of creating new rules in Windows Firewall.
√ Lock feature which can disable the access to the settings of the program and Windows Firewall.
√ Shell integration into the right click context menu of the executable files.
√ Automatically display invalid rules for programs that do not exist any more.
√ Possibility to find and display duplicate firewall rules.
√ Merge multiple similar rules or duplicate existing ones.
√ View recently allowed and blocked connections and create new rules from the Security log.
√ Import and export of partial sets of rules.
√ Protection to unauthorized uninstallation.
√ Possibility to restore previous settings at uninstallation.
√ Global hot keys are supported and various shortcut keys are available.
√ And many, many more. Just try it out.

Reactions: AtlBo

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
Bad news. I tried ZAF w/KSCF2019, and on boot, ZA stops KSC from loading just hangs. ZA Tech chat told me conflict. Maybe KSC also has a firewall? Does it? I just see Network protection module.

I removed ZAF, KSC loads fine. Moral, stick with WF, or try CF again.

dash

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 15, 2018
Bad news. I tried ZAF w/KSCF2019, and on boot, ZA stops KSC from loading just hangs. ZA Tech chat told me conflict. Maybe KSC also has a firewall? Does it? I just see Network protection module.

I removed ZAF, KSC loads fine. Moral, stick with WF, or try CF again.
KSC Personal/Family has a firewall, yes. The free version does not (unless they still haven't fixed that bug that allowed FW use in the Free).

RodM1956

Level 4
Verified
Feb 1, 2019
The expiration date of that software seems like it may be coming soon, it's about to be folded into Malwarebytes. Thanks though.

Folded? You mean MWBA, bought WFC....Interesting.... IF and when this occurs, a person could use a free, light AV with MWBA, and have a pretty decent protection... Too bad MWBA slows my PC just a little bit.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
@dash FYI - if you don't trust the modified installer from F. Dossena, you may try this method from a Wilders user to use the developer's installer:

@imuade - probably is aware of this, but the post is from July 2018 and the thread is pretty dormant now.

I had a slight issue with TW recently but it was user error :rolleyes: , and not caused by TW as I first thought.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.