Assigned Does Zemana Anti-Logger have all the features of Zemana AntiMalware?

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberfort

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 18, 2017
I had enrolled in zemana beta program long a go
Had joined as a beta tester in their Google group

I received a license for Zemana mobile antivirus

Then i mailed them that i did not receive it for Zemana Anti-Malware

Then They provided me with a license of zemana Anti-Logger instead

I just wanted to know if i got something better or worst?

cyberfort

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 18, 2017
In advanced options of both the products
Now i cannot see which engines it uses
Does someone know what engines does it use now?

And what is the offline signature that it updates?

cyberfort

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 18, 2017
As far as i remember a zemana employee is member in malwaretips.com can someone tag her here so that we can make sure of few things?

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
As far as i remember a zemana employee is member in malwaretips.com can someone tag her here so that we can make sure of few things?
It's not a "her" roflmao
@TwinHeadedEagle
Well who knows these days maybe THE is a she, this is not important though
seeing it does not impact the ability and generosity THE displays here daily:p

Last edited:

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
i feel i should point this thread out:
I've noticed a decline in Zemana capabilities.
cheers

I don't agree with the phrase "decline in Zemana capabilities." Zemana focused the on-demand scanning when it first appeared. I would use the phrase "Picking up direction". "Zemana Ultimate" will probably have some new capabilities, focusing probably on some sort of today more common and serious threats mechanics. But Let's focus in the current Zemana:
It scans fast, it has root certificate detection capabilities; which is a handy thing to have in a on-demand anti malware. You wouldn't believe me how many computers I have cleaned where Zemana helped a lot by detecting irregular certificates installed in these infected computers. I know you could just use sigcheck to do this task, but Zemana also detects malware and has nice cloud detection, its a good combo. I can't agree with the first phrase I noted above. I can agree that it is not the perfect software to place as your main protection module "For real time protection" but Zemana has never called for this. Zemana is solid software in terms of usability and for what it best offers, powerful on-demand scanner. I wouldn't put Zemana in the "How many threats can it detects" but more likely in "What it is able to remove". I got a free Key since the BETA and it is a good friend to have, it will work great to use alongside many other security software. This is obviously my opinion after using many different security software outhere.

kamla5abi

Level 4
Verified
May 15, 2017
I don't agree with the phrase "decline in Zemana capabilities." Zemana focused the on-demand scanning when it first appeared. I would use the phrase "Picking up direction". "Zemana Ultimate" will probably have some new capabilities, focusing probably on some sort of today more common and serious threats mechanics. But Let's focus in the current Zemana:
It scans fast, it has root certificate detection capabilities; which is a handy thing to have in a on-demand anti malware. You wouldn't believe me how many computers I have cleaned where Zemana helped a lot by detecting irregular certificates installed in these infected computers. I know you could just use sigcheck to do this task, but Zemana also detects malware and has nice cloud detection, its a good combo. I can't agree with the first phrase I noted above. I can agree that it is not the perfect software to place as your main protection module "For real time protection" but Zemana has never called for this. Zemana is solid software in terms of usability and for what it best offers, powerful on-demand scanner. I wouldn't put Zemana in the "How many threats can it detects" but more likely in "What it is able to remove". I got a free Key since the BETA and it is a good friend to have, it will work great to use alongside many other security software. This is obviously my opinion after using many different security software outhere.
yeah i totally agree with you about zemana's capability and usage. I use it myself too :cool:

but please note everyone, that i didn't write the phrase "decline in Zemana capabilities" on purpose for the link to that thread :) This forum just automatically puts the thread's title as the automatic link text. The OP of that thread made that title, so the forum put it automatically for the link. Just wanted to make this point clear :cool:

I only linked to that thread because there is a lot of discussion in there about what others have noticed in regards to zemana's scanning and detection.
I figured this thread's discussion is relevant to that threads discussion, and maybe there will be someone who notices it in this section and can help shed some light on things brought up in that thread too ;) For ex, I didn't know TwinHeadedEagle is Zemana employee so now we know :)

I have noticed myself too since I've been using zemana for a couple weeks or so, whenever I do a scan on my computer with ZAL, when it finds an "unknown" type file it will upload to the cloud Pandora service to double check it. For example, my work has PEAP type wifi setup, so they offer an .exe file that will automatically configure settings and connect your device to the wifi network. ZAL found that file in my downloads folder, then i saw it scan the file both locally and then send it to cloud to scan there too. It came back clean (as expected) so i agree with ZAL/ZAM being good 2nd opinion on demand scanner tool. And since it works so well alongside other security software & doesn't take up that much resources, why not. Especially if you can get license key from them from a giveaway to try it for longer period ;)

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
I never said you were the author of that phrase, I just wanted to share my opinion about a phrase that is running somewhere in the forum ;)
Glad to know that Zemana has been useful to you, I'm not alone.
Thanks for your thoughts about it!

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

In advanced options of both the products
Now i cannot see which engines it uses
Does someone know what engines does it use now?

And what is the offline signature that it updates?

From what I learned, Zemana seems to scan with their own engine offline, then at times triggers the online scan. Personally, I've seen a dramatic decline in effectiveness of the product. Also note, Zemana told me they don't scan ANY document file formats so that leaves you pretty much wide open for malware hiding in Macros in Word Docs, PDF Ransomware, etc. I don't feel Zemana is what it used to be, but that's based on our MSP using it for about 2,500 scans a month in the last couple of years. It used to pick up a lot, but rarely these days does it pick up anything. It's falling off our tools list.. For my home. I've removed it.

Reactions: cyberfort
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.