Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Twitter encrypted DMs have officially launched – but only between paid users, and the security feature doesn’t yet live up to Musk’s promise to use end-to-end (E2E) encryption for full privacy.

The company acknowledges this in a support document, and even Musk himself says you shouldn’t trust it.

Currently, we do not offer protections against man-in-the-middle attacks. As a result, if someone–for example, a malicious insider, or Twitter itself as a result of a compulsory legal process--were to compromise an encrypted conversation, neither the sender or receiver would know.

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Haha... love him or hate him... he's a very entertaining dude.

Personally, I think he's the best thing to happen to technology since the transistor!

I hate the cult of personality that surrounds him, but I agree he is good for the industry because he is brutally honest and has no filter yet is optimistic and forward looking at the same time.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I most likely will be deleting my twitter account very soon (not that I am actively using it). Elon’s repulsive face of a bullshitter, clown and charlatan is the reason — everything related to him is a big no for me. There is something about these billionaires always looking well suited for the next “Wrong Turn” movie.

That practice of giving money, attention and power to people with all sorts of untreated mental
Illnesses & dementia/sclerosis, (various businessmen and politicians) has gotten us where we are today — on the edge of World War 3.

Last edited:

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
...That practice of giving money, attention and power to people with all sorts of untreated mental
Illnesses & dementia/sclerosis, (various businessmen and politicians) has gotten us where we are today — on the edge of World War 3...

Are you talking about Musk or Trump, Putin, Modi, Erdogan, Xi et al.?

Pretty sure Musk 'earned' his stuff... the rest, on the other hand, were 'elected'/'selected' and deserve as much derision as the people who put them there.

I think we are further from WWIII than at any time in history.

Reactions: Idanox

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
I think we are further from WWIII than at any time in history.
Agreed with this statement. Everyone says this time to time, but I have a little more faith. There is just too much risk and lose to the world to start WW3, doesn't mean proxy wars or short conflicts will start but huge wars I think won't in the short/medium term.

I'm not a climate extremist but I think that will be the defining issues of our time. I think we will either destroy the world or save it by the skin of its teeth.

Now I agree with you about these tin pot dictators and want to be strong men. They are good at slogans and causing outrage but have little substance and actually do little for their people except dividing society.

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
IMG_1262.jpeg

Reactions: Trident

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Sun Tzu, very nice (y) Not much has changed in the past couple of thousand years. From Caeser to Henry VIII to Napolean to Trump. Sad :mad:

Reactions: Trident
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.