Don't Expect Xbox One and a Half, Xbox Head Says

• Thread starter Deleted Member 333v73x
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Thread author
After Microsoft's Build 2016 developer keynote earlier this week, Xbox head Phil Spencer talked to the press about a variety of topics. In addition to discussing gaming across Xbox One and PC, clarifying the "monopolization" controversy for Windows, and mentioning that a Halo 5 PC release is unlikely, he also talked about the rumored PlayStation 4.5 and the possibility of Xbox One going a similar path.

When asked about a potential Xbox 1.5 update, Spencer answered, "I'm not a big fan of Xbox One and a half. If we're going to move forward, I want to move forward in big numbers," Spencer clarified that he doesn't have any inside knowledge about PlayStation's plans or the rumors currently circulating, but he added, "For us, our box is doing well. It performs, it's reliable, the servers are doing well. If we’re going to go forward with anything, like I said, I want it to be a really substantial change for people--an upgrade."

Phil Spencer has commented on console hardware upgrades before, saying he isn't planning to have people open up their Xbox One and upgrade individual pieces.

In related news, reports on the PlayStation 4.5 are true according to Digital Foundry. The hardware analysis publication says it has independently verified that the upgraded PS4 exists and that it will have an upgraded GPU.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.