Status
Not open for further replies.
Phone brand
Xiaomi
Phone model
S2
Phone unlock
Security & Privacy Apps
Google Play Protect / Security App from Xiami (Avast Engine)
Browser
Chrome

slash/

Level 6
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
Have you actually noticed any difference in battery with Kaspersky Battery Life? Android usually does a really good job at maintaining your phone's memory and battery on its own. I don't think I've touched a battery optimizer since Greenify, years ago.

Question

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2018
Have you actually noticed any difference in battery with Kaspersky Battery Life? Android usually does a really good job at maintaining your phone's memory and battery on its own. I don't think I've touched a battery optimizer since Greenify, years ago.
A little difference. of about 10% which are important when you almost never load but it is not a must have

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
You may consider researching about a CustomROM for your device, Lollipop is actually really insecure if compared to latest AndroidOS,

you may try WireGuard with AzireVPN,

instead of KasperskyBatteryLife, I happily suggest to use BetterBatteryStats,

if you are interested in more Privacy, and Security; you may replace Chrome with Bromite, Bromite

Main weak point is the age of the OS, if the security patch level is not updated, you are at risks of some old CVE,

there is no filtering app, means all your telemetry is sent back to google, consider implementing a solution like AdGuard or PiHole to reduce your telemetry and increase your protection (y)

Reactions: CyberTech and Ink

slash/

Level 6
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
You may consider researching about a CustomROM for your device, Lollipop is actually really insecure if compared to latest AndroidOS,

if you are interested in more Privacy, and Security; you may replace Chrome with Bromite, Bromite

Main weak point is the age of the OS, if the security patch level is not updated, you are at risks of some old CVE,

there is no filtering app, means all your telemetry is sent back to google, consider implementing a solution like AdGuard or PiHole to reduce your telemetry and increase your protection (y)
In what way is a custom ROM more secure than Lollipop? You talk of security, but WireGuard, AzireVPN, and Bromite are all sideloaded apps that are not on the Play Store.

Also, Kaspersky Battery Life is a battery monitor and optimizer, BBS is only a battery monitor.

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
WireGuard is on PlayStore,

AzireVPN is a service provider,

Bromite is on FDroid,

And yes, a custom rom updated is more secure than a stock vendor old rom, that maybe exploited easy,

But friend, don't take it personal, mines are only tips... (y)

:D

PeAcE

Reactions: slash/

slash/

Level 6
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
@lowdetection You're right, I missed WireGuard and FDroid slipped my mind for a second. And don't worry about it, nothing personal, my comments are only tips too. Custom ROMs are tricky and not very beginner-friendly, and there are many to choose from. Not all of them have increased security over stock Android.

Question

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2018

I dont need and use a Custom Rom because I get a new Smartphone in about 1-2Weeks. Kaspersky is doing his Job. And Chrome & Windscribe is secure enough for me.

Reactions: slash/

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I dont need and use a Custom Rom because I get a new Smartphone in about 1-2Weeks. Kaspersky is doing his Job. And Chrome & Windscribe is secure enough for me.
Remember to update this thread, and the custom fields when you get your new phone.

Now is the perfect time to start preparing your current phone. Start with deleting junk photos (ie. shared memes on chat apps), downloads etc. If you use WhatsApp, you can shrink the backup size by removing the option to back up videos etc.

If you use Google Photos app, you can backup unlimited photos & videos (compressed) without using any Drive online storage space. A desktop backup is also recommended.

Reactions: harlan4096

Question

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2018
Remember to update this thread, and the custom fields when you get your new phone.

Now is the perfect time to start preparing your current phone. Start with deleting junk photos (ie. shared memes on chat apps), downloads etc. If you use WhatsApp, you can shrink the backup size by removing the option to back up videos etc.

If you use Google Photos app, you can backup unlimited photos & videos (compressed) without using any Drive online storage space. A desktop backup is also recommended.
I backuped my Photos and Files with Google Drive already. I backuped Chats with my Google Account (I dont have so much Chats (its about 27MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.