Download Manager - Which one would you recommend?

which is best among these two download managers with good download speed and supports youtube downlo

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rkkdjb

none of the above 'IDM' is the way 2 go, if u want b/w these two u might as well go for the default browser downloader

SlimRock

Nov 27, 2013
Personally I never tested Orbit downloader so cant comment about it's features and performance compared to DAP. On the other hand DAP is a total bloatware. I prefer IDM, although its a shareware but it's the only download manager that you'll find to get the job done without any efforts. If you want to have a free alternative for IDM then go for the EagleGet IMO it's much better than Speedbit DAP & Orbit! downloader!

amz

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
I know idm is good ,but its not free.
Have tried eagleget . Its download speed is not good enough and have problems with downloading 1080p videos from youtube.
Please suggest good free download managers..

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
i don't like both of them.

In freeware there's FDM and Eagleget.

With eagleget you can download youtube videos easily.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sr. Normal

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Not really good poll options to vote for since one is adware-supported and the other is malware.
Avoid both of them, try EagleGet, Free Download Manager, Internet Download Accelerator, Download Accelerator Manager or FlashGet.
They all are freeware and comparable to Internet Download Manager. No need to buy a download Manager.

Enjoy!! :D

Y

yigido

If you are using Firefox (x86), Free Download Manager is best option. Its very similar IDM. Download button on videos etc.
Als it has torrent support. No need any other torrent software. Make your choice

musings4

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 17, 2014
IDM is by far the most feature-laden program. It's virtually compatible with any browser and captures any video format with just a few tweaks in their settings. I'm using a paid version for two years and I'm content with it. Free alternatives to IDM worth mentioning are EagleGet, FlashGot and Free Download Manager however I prefer EagleGet due to its compatibility with a plethora of browsers without needing a plugin/extension.

Siraj

Level 2
Verified
Mar 23, 2014
Pay attension that Orbit Downloader is a malware as ESET reported. Read here
in short words, my opinion:
-Paid: IDM
-Free: Eagleget(best Free DM IMO you can use IDM features for free), FlashGet DAP (forces users to install their crappy toolbar).

you can try IDM world fastest download manager.

this my be False-Postive.

Orbit Downloader is open source, i hope there should be no virus.
http://orbitdownloader.sourceforge.net/

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.