Download security softwares from unofficial sites.

Omarzwai

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 10, 2016
Unfortunately, I have not win a license key for adguard from MalwareTips giveaway and my trial ends soon. I fond this site " comss.ru " has extended trial for 180 days. My question : Is this site safe?.

You could always just buy an official license for AdGuard like a normal person if you're after the paid features. Otherwise, there's a free browser extension for you.

As you said, you've already trialed it. Your trial ends soon. Why should you get more than one trial? The point of a trial is to test whether the software works for you and if you like it enough to want to continue using it after the trial period - you're supposed to buy the software after the trial to keep the paid features if you liked it during the trial period.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Unfortunately, I have not win a license key for adguard from MalwareTips giveaway and my trial ends soon. I fond this site " comss.ru " has extended trial for 180 days. My question : Is this site safe?.
If you get a download from them, check the digital signature. If it has a valid sig, from the original vendor (adguard), then it's good.

If you get a download from them, check the digital signature. If it has a valid sig, from the original vendor (adguard), then it's good.
You need to make sure that you actually check if the digital signature is valid or not - anyone can steal a digital signature embedded in a signed PE but it won't be valid.

Read the following documents to learn more - skip to appropriate sections.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Thank you, it have the digital signature but the hash is different.
did you check if the signature is valid? if you double-click on the sig, Windows will check for you, and tell you if it's valid or not, and who issued it.

Reactions: Venustus

Omarzwai

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 10, 2016
You could always just buy an official license for AdGuard like a normal person if you're after the paid features. Otherwise, there's a free browser extension for you.

As you said, you've already trialed it. Your trial ends soon. Why should you get more than one trial? The point of a trial is to test whether the software works for you and if you like it enough to want to continue using it after the trial period - you're supposed to buy the software after the trial to keep the paid features if you liked it during the trial period.
You are right, we have some restrictions from buying from internet , so i need to long time to buy . The trial period is 14 days most of them i was busy, so i did not have enough time to evaluate it.

Omarzwai

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 10, 2016

You are right, we have some restrictions from buying from internet , so i need to long time to buy . The trial period is 14 days most of them i was busy, so i did not have enough time to evaluate it.

Reactions: Venustus

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Comss.ru is pretty safe. You can just use the free Adguard extension as @Opcode suggested.
@Seyyed Akram, if you don't mind me asking, you have a very interesting avatar. To my uneducated eye, it looks like what we call in English a Dervish, which I think is a Sufi dancer. Yet, I haven't heard much about Sufis in Gaza, and you mention Gaza as your location. Am I all mixed up, or what? I know there are a lot of Sufis in Sinai, though. Just curious...

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
@Seyyed Akram, if you don't mind me asking, you have a very interesting avatar. To my uneducated eye, it looks like what we call in English a Dervish, which I think is a Sufi dancer. Yet, I haven't heard much about Sufis in Gaza, and you mention Gaza as your location. Am I all mixed up, or what? I know there are a lot of Sufis in Sinai, though. Just curious...

Yes you're right. In Gaza, there is a misapprehension that Sufism is an unauthentic path of Islam, so you can say that being Sufi in Gaza isn't looked upon a good way. To me, Sufism is Islam's mystical tradition; it open a door towards self discovery and the knowledge of the Divine. That's the way it is. They might control you from the outside but not from the inside. Accepting people as they are and also accepting their beliefs is a good thing but no in Gaza, unfortunately.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Yes you're right. In Gaza, there is a misapprehension that Sufism is an unauthentic path of Islam, so you can say that being Sufi in Gaza isn't looked upon a good way. To me, Sufism is Islam's mystical tradition; it open a door towards self discovery and the knowledge of the Divine. That's the way it is. They might control you from the outside but not from the inside. Accepting people as they are and also accepting their beliefs is a good thing but no in Gaza, unfortunately.
Thanks.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.