Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Anyone has tested it already? is it lighter than previous heavy as a mountain version?

Reactions: omidomi

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I tested the beta version in a VM and host. Didn't really feel different. It's not heavy on my system (neither 10 or 11) but kills my downloads on version 10. I'm kind of a fan of Dr. Web so I might try this some time in the future. When the change logs are released and I see something I really like, it might push me to try it faster. At least on a VM.

Reactions: Engage

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Trying it out now, so far so good. It has a new self protection module enable hardware virtualization which only works if your computers hardware and computer supports this - mine does, not too sure what this does, but a reboot is required. Huge download 413MB.

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
these days all av go smaller and faster Dr.Web go bigger and heavier :D

nice strategy :rolleyes:

Reactions: Kent

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Trying it out now, so far so good. It has a new self protection module enable hardware virtualization which only works if your computers hardware and computer supports this - mine does, not too sure what this does, but a reboot is required. Huge download 413MB.
Dr.Web start from 100 MB now they are 413 MB after many years we see 1Gig 1 Tera ... :p:D

Reactions: Kent and Tony Cole

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I think in a few years technology i.e., HitmanPro.Alert and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit will be redundant as more and more AV companies are employing anti-exploit technology. I suppose that's now the new threat landscape, which cannot be ignored. Thank you Petrovic for supplying the links yesterday I couldn't find version 11 even though I had a Dr.Web account and 2yr license.

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
Yup i know, any one tested it?
how much ram dose it eat? :D

hi i think this will answer all of your question, see the picture below to get exactly what drweb is doing

drweb11_status.jpg

my system runs quick and fast as compare to when i am using version 9 or 10 installed. everything response quick and my pc starts and restarts and even logging in to system and start using the desktop is more faster compare to previous versions. i think i answered all your query's.

Attachments

• drweb11 status.jpg
    drweb11 status.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 483

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
> Any reviews?
> Do you have any problems with 413 MB download being on your PC? Where other AV's have smaller download?
> Also, G-Data has a very large download, any concerns?
> Link for the Dr. Web removal tool if needed?

Kind regards,

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
All working very well, the new features are excellent, may be malware won't be able to terminate Dr.Web - I still have not received the update as listed by Petrovic: Dr.Web Security Space 11.0.0.10191 Final

Even with all protection at max level very smooth, depends on the individual computer specs I have 42GB of RAM, some only have 2GB. Anyone else use the medium setting under preventive protection?

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
hi i think this will answer all of your question, see the picture below to get exactly what drweb is doing

drweb11_status.jpg

my system runs quick and fast as compare to when i am using version 9 or 10 installed. everything response quick and my pc starts and restarts and even logging in to system and start using the desktop is more faster compare to previous versions. i think i answered all your query's.
oh see need 400Mb Ram also :oops:
> Any reviews?
> Do you have any problems with 413 MB download being on your PC? Where other AV's have smaller download?
> Also, G-Data has a very large download, any concerns?
> Link for the Dr. Web removal tool if needed?

Kind regards,
Kaspersky near 170Mb
symantec near 100 Mb
for me yup my internet is slow :(

Reactions: XhenEd

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015

drweb11_status.jpg

400MB ram usage for a single engine, holy smoke. I rather go with F-Secure, or G-Data over this.

Reactions: XhenEd and omidomi
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.