Advice Request Dr.Web Security Space - Is it worth to install it? Would you recommend it?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Dr.Web Security Space - Is it worth to install it? Would you recommend it?

• Yes, it's a good product

Votes: 26 51.0%
  • No, I would not recommend this product

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • I have never tried Dr.Web Security Space

Votes: 16 31.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

angustaver

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
I would like to know what the members of this forum think about Dr.Web Security Space. Is it worth to install it? Would you recommend it?

Last edited by a moderator:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
First off let me get this out of the way, Best avatar to have on the planet, ok i'm done.
I have a few friends in my Gaming circles that have tried it and it was short lived, I think
they had it for 2 or 3 days. I personally have not tried it so I can't really say either way.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I've tried out every version since 8 (now it is 11) and while I have my own complaints, I do believe it to be a good product however wouldn't recommend it.

Back in version 9 and 10 I would sometimes have my downloads stopped (no detection, no nothing). They just stop after a while - keep in mind this is for files with around 100MB or more. Version 11 does not have this issue and I find it light on my system however when it detects a false positive and I tell it to restore/ignore in the future, I can not get it to run until I uninstalled Dr. Web. This did not happen in 8-10, only 11.

Protection is great, performance is good/bad for different people, and if you like control over what it does - it will frustrate you. On installation of Dr. Web it will not install it's own firewall for a reason (you have to manually check the box). It will ask you about network connections even on default. Best to just have Windows use it's own firewall. This could actually have prevented some of my download frustrations with previous versions.

If you wish to try it, they offer a free 3 months trial if you sign up (they only ask for email and alias (username)). First email will have the download link, second email (which should be automatic after proceeding to link in first email) will contain the key. I do believe there is a total of 3 emails. If you have storage with personal files I would recommend immediately setting exclusions for drive or folder so that Dr. Web won't go screwing around.

I can only recommend Dr. Web for a install and forget (if you do not use its firewall) and only use well known and trusted software. Even then to be honest I can't recommend it.

Many who have used/tried Dr. Web can also tell you it has very high RAM usage. 300MB to well over 400MB.

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Many who have used/tried Dr. Web can also tell you it has very high RAM usage. 300MB to well over 400MB.
True?:D
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.08.08_16h13m13s_001_.jpg

for example, emsisoft consumes more, bitdefender ~200-250 mb .....etc

Best to just have Windows use it's own firewall
DrWeb 11 uses its own firefall +windows firewall

I recommend DrWeb, good choice

Evandro

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 20, 2014
I use this program (Dr.Web Security Space 11.0) on my laptop since 2013 and I can say them my friends for sure that this program is currently one of the top 3 programs for protection there!

This program has an excellent protection for browsing the internet.
This program has an excellent antivirus protection.
This program has an excellent anti-spam protection.
and besides this program is very light!

Those who buy this program will not regret it and will be very surprised positively with his performance daily!

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Installed last year. Uninstalled it like after 5 hours usage. System's running like snail. Would say it doesn't performs fast on my system.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Yes! sure! It's Very good !
For your system it seems to work well judging by your 3 replies, not all systems are the same.
I have a very high end custom gaming system and this software uses a very large amount of system resources.
** I would recommend users test this on your system before purchasing as it has the proclivity to be a resource hog.

Reactions: DardiM

Raheel99

Level 1
Verified
Sep 15, 2016
Dr. Web v11 is good product, light on resources, excellent protection, dis-infect/repair file while AVG, ESET, AVAST, EMISSOFT etc fail to repair and delete all infected exe/dll files completely. Only kaserpersky and Dr. Web AV has successfully remove malicious code from binary files, which have been infected by floxB latest variant. Registry protection is very good. Just for checking, I added dll path to AppInit_DLLs startup registry key detected and blocked by Dr. Web. Comodo HIPS failed although I have manually added this key in protected registry object. Dr web firewall looks great to me. I am testing and will replace it with my comodo firewall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.