App Review Dr Web Security Space Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Yesss thats my MB xD

this is a test, this is a Review.
great Review!

Thanks buddy ;) <3

just regarding prevention protection, those 17 samples didn't actually anything IMO, but if we set the PP on Paranoid, it could be a monster :D
Thanks :) And yes you are correct those 17 samples literally did nothing as far as I could see & some may be false positives - but they were all pretty high on VT for false positives.

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
Thanks :) And yes you are correct those 17 samples literally did nothing as far as I could see & some may be false positives - but they were all pretty high on VT for false positives.
Doctor Web is great in having not False Positives IMO. they really analys every single signature and release its analys in their Website !
you feel free to search in their Database here : https://vms.drweb.com/search/ its just like a country :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
New Very nice video,DR. WEB is not so bad after all,it is actually pretty good:D
Doctor Web only weakness is that they don't spend that much money on Advertising, they believe if someone wants a good software, should find them!
if Doctor Web have the same Advertising and marketing like Kaspersky or BitDefender or Webroot or for example Norton around the web, it would be famous as much as they are. :) Politics...

amir 957

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Doctor Web only weakness is that they don't spend that much money on Advertising, they believe if someone wants a good software, should find them!
if Doctor Web have the same Advertising and marketing like Kaspersky or BitDefender or Webroot or for example Norton around the web, it would be famous as much as they are. :) Politics...
That's not good
Advertising is a part of marketing and if they don't care about it, they will never be a big company

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
Advertising is a part of marketing
yes i told them 1000 times but you know.. Believes... their opinions are diffrent.. we cannot change them only one who can change it is Igor Danilov or Boris Sharov.
they will never be a big company
but guess what? they are a big name already ! thats very strange, they are a big name without such advertising.. :D just take a look at their Customers ! they have a lot of big business customers also they have Russian Federal Police's back :D
also they have a great variants of every product for every device, i don't know how! but they are working pretty well without advertising !
you cannot find any important person/company who didn't hear Doctor Web name , they are respected specialy in their Decryption,
some of guys still are trying to find out how they can decrypt some Trojan Encoders which no one can do that ! :D some rumors even there is that saying they are creating these ransomwares themselves ( LOL fanboysxD ) :D

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
I agree with @Mr.Pr . Dr Web is a well known company, with a very respected software. They are not as known as their russian brother Kaspersky, or other brands, but anyone who is interested in this kind of stuff, would know that is a reliable company that you can trust.
Nice video! Dr. web continues being as effective as all videos I've seen about this product.

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Thanks for the video :)
Also, if I well remember Dr. Web is very effective by removing malware on an infected system.
Thanks for watching & it sure seems like it :)
Very nice video,DR. WEB is not so bad after all,it is actually pretty good:D
Thank you! It is indeed pretty darn good ;)
I agree with @Mr.Pr . Dr Web is a well known company, with a very respected software. They are not as known as their russian brother Kaspersky, or other brands, but anyone who is interested in this kind of stuff, would know that is a reliable company that you can trust.
Nice video! Dr. web continues being as effective as all videos I've seen about this product.
I would agree that most people in the Cyber Security industry will have heard of Dr. Web, but for standard users they will probably have never heard of it. Some standard users won't even have heard of Kaspersky though!

W

Wave

Thread author
some rumors even there is that saying they are creating these ransomwares themselves ( LOL fanboysxD ) :D
Link?

@MalwareBlockerYT you already have the .NET Framework installed by default on Windows 7, it's built-in. However the sample which caused the .NET alert was because it was using a version which wasn't on the system for usage. Several of the samples you ran were based on .NET and ran so they would be using a version on W7 by default

sudo -i

Level 4
Verified
Jan 17, 2017
And evidently their weakness is also ransomware, you missed that.

I wholeheartedly disagree with your comments. Those companies don't just have "advertising" going for them, they have a superior product to back it up. Dr.Web needs better exposure, sure, but they also need a better system than "hey ransomware, wait here while we cloud scan you, oh you don't want to wait? Well I'm screwed."

Believe me, not everything is "politics".

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
+ 1, Yes one more thing, what i have stalking in the backround as always, i have been seeing he put other vendors on the skeptical line and speak almost likely "there can be only one" and this is,,,well you may know the answer. Well, that he's way to communicate.

W

Wave

Thread author
+ 1, Yes one more thing, what i have stalking in the backround as always, i have been seeing he put other vendors on the skeptical line and speak almost likely "there can be only one" and this is,,,well you may know the answer. Well, that he's way to communicate.
+1

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
And evidently their weakness is also ransomware, you missed them.
completely disagree ! you cannot prove that by only 1-2 ransomware that Doctor Web missed that
"hey ransomware, wait here while we cloud scan you, oh you don't want to wait? Well I'm screwed."
OK, but do not say that anywhere else, they will make joke about you! to be honest.
talking about him just gives him credit and feeds his behavior
was you really moderator? Thank God you are not anymore ! i would leave this community ))

Reactions: Evandro

sudo -i

Level 4
Verified
Jan 17, 2017
OK, but do not say that anywhere else, they will make joke about you! to be honest.

was you really moderator? Thank God you are not anymore ! i would leave this community ))
Dude, show some damn respect. You've insulted both me and Umbra in a single post. It's pathetic because when you can't back up your preferred software with factual statements you attack the people making good counterpoints instead.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.