amir 957

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Hi guys:)
i want to know your opinion upon these products
wich one has better protection against Ransomware, better BB, database, protection, web protection and wich uses less resource.2
I don't know much about Dr web because they are not so good at marketing
wich you prefer?

Bleak

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Norton deals with local files by depending on their BB (SONAR) more than signatures which mostly takes from few seconds to a minute to analyze a single suspicious files, which IMO isn't productive and just waste of time. Their web filter is pretty good and a very good non-intrusive firewall.

Dr.Web has a very good signatures, offensive webfilter, good firewall (requires user input on unknown connections by default),offers so many settings to customize. Last time I've tested (today) there's a noticeable slow-down, especially while opening a folder with lots of executable files.

IMO, the better protection against ransomware is to backup your important data online or into an external drive.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Both have a good firewall but I like dr.web firewall.
Both have a good behavior blocker but in dr.web you need to config the behavior blocker.
In my opinion DR.web signature>norton.
Norton has bonuses features like cleaning the trace cookies but dr.web don't.
Norton has no privacy because it's from the USA.
Norton is expensive while dr.web security space is cheap!
I would pick Dr.web.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.