Mar 15, 2019
Windows Edition
Enterprise
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Never notify (disabled)
Real-time security
COMODO Firewall 11.0.0.6744 [custom configuration based on the "Proactive Security" preset]
Firewall security
About custom security
MOST IMPORTANT SETTINGS
• COMODO Firewall (Firewall) settings: [ Enable Firewall - Custom Ruleset ] | [ Do not show popup alerts - OFF ] | [ Alert frequency level - Medium ] | [ Filter IPv6 traffic - ON ]
• COMODO Firewall HIPS settings: [ Enable HIPS - Paranoid Mode ] | [ Do not show popup alerts - OFF ] | [ Set popup alerts to verbose mode - ON ]
• COMODO Firewall Containtment settings: [ Auto-Containment - DISABLED ]
• COMODO Firewall File Rating settings: [ Enable Cloud Lookup - ON ] | [ Analyze unknown files in the cloud by uploading them for instant analysis - ON ] | [ Trust files installed by trusted installers - OFF ]
Periodic malware scanners
COMODO Cleaning Essentials (CCE)
COMODO Killswitch (included in CCE)
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
(main browser) Mozilla Firefox with uBlock Origin [default filter lists] et al.
(alt. browser) Google Chrome with uBlock Origin [default filter lists] et al.
Maintenance tools
CCleaner | Auslogics Disk Defrag (Portable)
File and Photo backup
Manual backup (copy) to various cloud services (mainly Google Drive) | Automatic real-time sync to multiple local drives (redundancy) using FreeFileSync

All backups are encrypted using VeraCrypt with a master password on a weekly basis.
System recovery
CloneZilla | Paragon Backup & Recovery Free | Macrium Reflect Free
Risk factors
    • Gaming
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Working from home
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
Currently on an old Acer 7741G laptop (i5 480M + ATI 6550M + 4gb DDR3)
(sold my previous i7 7700K + GTX 1080 build for personal financial reasons)

Future planned PC build: System Builder - Meshify S2 Black – Dark TG ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker
Notes by Staff Team

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
DRACUS' GOLDEN RULE
"Make sure you always have at least one clean, full system backup image created using your preferred system backup application, so that you can restore your system to its exact state, as it was when you created the said system image."

Last edited by a moderator:

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
I suggest some programs for on-demand scans., NPE and ZAM Kit by Emsisot, Hitman pro is also good.
Thank you for sharing:giggle:
Thanks much for your reply and suggestions, my dude! :D

Hmm...
Now that you mention Emsisoft, I used to love their Emergency Kit. I might download that.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware also used to be in my toolkit, but since I stopped fiddling with unknown apps and stuff, I didn't find much use for it. Still, I might re-add it if I find it necessary.

Kantry123

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014

I strongly suggest you to keep it to ALWAYS NOTIFY.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
The "I'm not fooling around" CF configuration! Enjoy! :)
Thanks man. :D

You have pure HIPS+Firewall on though.
How do you compare backups in Clonezilla, Paragon Free and Macrium Free?
I love Paragon the most. Maybe it's because of the fact that I have used Paragon's software ever since their conception, starting with their Partition Manager.
But "ethically" speaking, I would always back CloneZilla, it's simple and does the job, plus it's open source, so... why not? :D

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
My advice:
  • Set UAC to Always Notify
  • Add ZAM Free 3.0
  • Add Emsisoft Browser Security to web browser(s)
  • Maybe add Netcraft to your web browser(s) to prevent Phishing attempt from web pages

Thanks for sharing your config and I do hope you like the advice I have presented for you.

~LDogg

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.