Driver Easy. Updated All = Gave me 65Mb per Second Increase in copy/move/file transfer.

RodM1956

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 1, 2019
I have a clean Win 10 install image, backup, base. On top of this I installed Driver Easy, and ran it. The I did some file transfers, to another drive, synchronizing the two. My speed increase from an hour before using Driver Easy was 65 Mb per second.

JFYI

RodM1956

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 1, 2019
PC faster overall. I am not sure I would use many of these apps, BUT Driver Easy has 8000000 (Million) drivers stocked. They also claim to use certified drivers. I have not had a single problem and my PC is new (Built it myself)

RodM1956

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 1, 2019
Also seems that the NvMe SSD needed a driver by Samsung (I THINK), but now many are saying Microsoft adapted that same driver in it's updates

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Also seems that the NvMe SSD needed a driver by Samsung (I THINK), but now many are saying Microsoft adapted that same driver in it's updates
With Samsung NVMe driver, power efficiency is NIL while MSFT driver prioritizes balanced performance. If you're on desktop then NVMe driver from samsung is recommended otherwise you'll notice stutter when huge IO blocks are involved!

Reactions: roger_m

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Got 1 year key from some promo, and I used this to update some of my drivers, probably replaced Microsoft generic ones too. People say these are snake oils but it made my device perform significantly better. Now it doesn't heat as much. And I did install all drivers I found in Dell's website for my device model beforehand.

RodM1956

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 1, 2019
Got 1 year key from some promo, and I used this to update some of my drivers, probably replaced Microsoft generic ones too. People say these are snake oils but it made my device perform significantly better. Now it doesn't heat as much. And I did install all drivers I found in Dell's website for my device model beforehand.

Cool....some are snake oil, but I think DE is trying to build a reputation as being reliable, and so far they have done so.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.