enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Very good news.
I use DDG as my main search engine on all my devices since months and I am trying to avoid Google as much as possible but if I have to use it, then I simply use !g :)

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Very good news.
I use DDG as my main search engine on all my devices since months and I am trying to avoid Google as much as possible but if I have to use it, then I simply use !g :)
Qwant is also a very good privacy-focused search engine. In fact, I prefer Qwant over DDG in terms of searches. I use Qwant in Chromium-based browsers and DDG in FF browser

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I prefer StartPage, as Qwant unexpectedly deleted Russia as a region, and sometimes I need to look for information there. DDG is pretty good, but I don't always like its relevance.
Yup, so far tested with my VPNs the following countries are not available to Qwant. It throws up the below message

1) Russia
2) Taiwan
3) Japan

1610794993760.png

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
I like DDG, have a loave/hate for Bing but if I really want to find something I usually end up using Google /shrug. I try and give Bing a go first as I'm using Chromium Edge but it just doesn't come up with what I want and the layout is a bit sparse.

Anyway, well done DDG.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Great to read that DDG is getting some good usage now. I susupect DDG will continue to see more traffic more than their standard previous 'normal' as time progresses onward.

Reactions: Venustus and Tutman

Tutman

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
Just found this article too..

Privacy-focused search engine DuckDuckGo grew by 62% in 2020​

The privacy-focused search engine DuckDuckGo continues to grow rapidly as the company reached 102M daily search queries for the first time in January.

DuckDuckGo is a search engine that builds its search index using its DuckDuckBot crawler, indexing WikiPedia, and through partners like Bing. The search engine does not use any data from Google.

What makes DuckDuckGo stand out is that they do not track your searches to build a user profile or share any personal or identifying data with third-party companies, including ad networks.

"Each time you search on DuckDuckGo, you have a blank search history, as if you’ve never been there before," DuckDuckGo explains in their privacy blog.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.