Not open for further replies.

Faybert

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Search engine DuckDuckGo launched updated browser extensions and mobile applications for all major platforms today.
The company notes that it has redesigned all products to include new features such as tracker blocking, smarter encryption and private search.
Check out the full article, here: DuckDuckGo's new browser extensions and applications launch - gHacks Tech News

rkHgx1f.jpg

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I tend to agree with those questioning the need for DDG to cover what other well-established services do well, from a users standpoint. I can see that DDG might think its a good idea. Reading reviews on the Firefox add-ons page there seem to have been a number of bugs that messed around with people-s browsers. It possibly conflicted with existing add-ons those users had already installed. I've used DDG for search for a long time and gone back to it when someone has suggested trying another search provider because I like it the most, not sure that I'll replace HTTPSEverywhere.

The PrivacyProtection element might be worthwhile but will probably need to build a big reputation database before its really useful, and reliable. WOT was rated quite highly not that long ago, then was found to be in league with the enemy to some extent. I hope the same does not happen with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.