Sandboxie Pro
HitmanPro Alert
Voodooshield
Appguard (Locked Down)
TinyWall
WinPatrol
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Shiela USB Shield (use flashdrive a lot)
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
Zemana AntiMalware
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Chrome:
AdGuard, HTTPS, LastPass, Canvas Defender, SafeBrowse
Maintenance tools
Ccleaner, Wise Care 365, Privazer, Uninstall Tool, Windows Repair, Perfectdisk, VitRegistry, ImDisk, and Process Lasso
System recovery
FLASHBACK

Duotone

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Hi everyone,

Became interested with security software 3-4 years ago when most free AV's failed me at one point, I first got Shadow Defender had it always on saved me from malware but being a gamer in college it became impractical due to constant update, new games, & GIS software settings. Then learned about Sandboxie, then Appguard, and so on, SBIE and AG became my favorite upto this day. Simple, Light, and Effective malware protection...

Additional Software are:

AX64 or Xeroweight FLASHBACK(Hourly Backup)
Auslogic BitReplica
Shadow Defender

LAPTOP:
Almost identical set-up;

Last edited:

artifice22

Level 2
Verified
Apr 11, 2015
Enable UAC as it helps in stopping unwanted programs from receiving administrator access.

Other than that, it looks good.

Reactions: Logethica

Duotone

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Thanks for the comments... :)
I know UAC adds another layer of security, its still on but in Quiet mode it just suppress the elevation prompts as stated by TweakUAC. If I recall certain software installation still prompts UAC even in this setting.

Duotone

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Good Configuration, all main layers are covered with reliable softwares. For me nothing to add here, but I suggest you to replace Bluhell Firewall with uBlock Origin, and you can install a password manager, such as LastPass, or GDATA Password Manager (G DATA Password Manager).

Thanks for sharing it! ;)

Thanks for the comment...:)
Switched to Ublock Origin
Some site detects Ublock adblocking techniques that's why got used to Bluehell. Still considering LastPass...

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Pretty solid!

But as others have said, UAC should be enabled at least as default.
And also, addons might be overlapping already. Since you are using uBlock Origin, NoScript and Privacy Badger may be redundant when you enable advanced setting in uBlock Origin. Also, I have read earlier in the Pale Moon forums that NoScript currently has some kind of problem with the browser (I'm not sure about this, though).

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Updated reccomendations:

1. Enable UAC to at least 'Default' if not 'Always Notify'.
  2. Add an AV, MSE would be the most simple as stated above and it has great detection and cloud features! - Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows
  3. Switch Shield USB Shield to MCShield. It has world-class heuristics and 100% detection against USB threats, it is also reccomended by our Malware Removal Expert here and is lighter compared to others. - MCShield ::Anti-Malware Tool::

Duotone

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Updated reccomendations:

1. Enable UAC to at least 'Default' if not 'Always Notify'.
  2. Add an AV, MSE would be the most simple as stated above and it has great detection and cloud features! - Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows
  3. Switch Shield USB Shield to MCShield. It has world-class heuristics and 100% detection against USB threats, it is also reccomended by our Malware Removal Expert here and is lighter compared to others. - MCShield ::Anti-Malware Tool::

UAC Enabled = Default
Did used MCshield before it did clean my infected Flash Drive however didn't restore the hidden files, and didn't completely clean the drive...Tested the Flash Drive w/ Shiela it cleaned what MCshield miss.

Windows Defender was running real-time the whole time, really thought I turned this off....:confused:

Last edited:

Duotone

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Pretty solid!

But as others have said, UAC should be enabled at least as default.
And also, addons might be overlapping already. Since you are using uBlock Origin, NoScript and Privacy Badger may be redundant when you enable advanced setting in uBlock Origin. Also, I have read earlier in the Pale Moon forums that NoScript currently has some kind of problem with the browser (I'm not sure about this, though).

*Reverting back to Bluhell Firewall, didn't pass Panopticlick DNT test when using Ublock Origin conflict with Privacy Badger I guess.
*Didn't had any problem with NoScript I allowed scripts globally to prevent issues, block are user defined.

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Great configuration and overall software collection. You may try USBFix from Bitdefender as it can restore hidden files due to infections.

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Windows Defender was running real-time the whole time, really thought I turned this off....:confused:
Windows Defender in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 is a version of Microsoft Security Essentials but built in and it runs at a kernel level. Windows Defender in Windows 7 is ONLY an anti-spyware and will not offer full protection - you should install MSE with the links above.

Duotone

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
4/10/2016
Update:
Enabled ZAM real-time
Re-install Tinywall

Disabled Windows Defender
Removed Privatefirewall

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.