Security News Dutch government to phase out use of Kaspersky anti-virus software

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
There is a real and legit reason for some entities banishing Kaspersky. The Dutch certainly don't blindly follow the US. They have just probably become aware of the nature of the issue.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
If I will ever see any add promo/discount on either G Data or Avira homepages to get better price from switching Kaspersky, I will immediately ban both products forever on any of my systems. It's just not acceptible and once I saw in one of the G Data's blog posts, that they also couldn't find any evidence about Kaspersky ties with Rus governmet. I blame McAfee for all this drama started, they wanted to control/monopolize more US market. I am 100% on Kaspersky's side, and recently bought a license just to give support from my side. Maybe it's time to return.
Which AV dont use sniffing ..even W.Defender uses the snapshot of system . Avira even sends the total system file analysis to its servers for new hashes. Im 100% on Kaspersky side. Quick heal and K7 works with Indian Govt. Its common for any AV to have tie ups with their intelligence firms. As long as i dont do any mischief i never mind even if they sniff my system 24/7. They all have their own pros & cons...
Mcafee and Vipre--Its better if you do your job well before pointing others. Who even bothers about you these days. :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Reactions: Weebarra
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Mcafee and Vipre--Its better if you do your job well before pointing others. Who even bothers about you these days. :ROFLMAO::LOL:
McAfee and Vipre is in my most disliked AV list, eScan as well, since it also offered discount for switching from Kaspersky. Seeing speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye. :X3:

baddogai

Level 1
Verified
May 16, 2018
Why do I feel that Kaspersky is being targeted here for no reason and why is something like Trend MIcro isn't? Is US spying on you better than Russia spying on you?

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
CIA and Ivan spy equal amount, but then again, Microsoft does it too, so whatever really. Better of using Linux then if worried about being spied on.
i DONT KNOW THE REASON WHY THIS POLL IS GOING ON RIGHT THROUGH..
Almost all the softwares spy on users including Security ..but the point is is our history safe on their hands?
Ok kaspersky caught this time..but next..US Govt doesnt have any other duty except toiling on others country with nothing getting in return?? What a nonsense is this / Does it require importance at this level countrywise GERMANY respects the user privacy the most

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
Why do I feel that Kaspersky is being targeted here for no reason and why is something like Trend MIcro isn't? Is US spying on you better than Russia spying on you?
You feel wrong

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
???
Doesn't Trend Micro upload your info to research firm sites and ties to the CIA?

Anyway, If you're working on secret government files, you shouldn't be working with Windows anyway.
Not anymore, 25 may, new Privacy law but i meant there is no attack on Kaspersky like you stated!

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
With regard to the allegations of collaboration with the secret services, I think that it is a normal thing when a AV company fights against cyber-crime at global level.

I remember the collaboration of Kaspersky with the Dutch secret services that led to the block of CoinVault ransomware, the same government that now wants to ban Kaspersky.

Kaspersky Lab helps Dutch police catch culprits behind CoinVault ransomware

It is not my intention to take sides of anyone, but this seems like a game of chess cold war style; today, however, the chess board is the web and the pieces are endless, so everything becomes more complicated.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.