App Review Dynamic test of Zemana Anti-Malware Real-Time

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Each and every one of them is detected by our engine and personally confirmed by me for all 7 samples. Zemana was active and it blocked all of them while trying to execute.

Picture of scheduled scan attached.

Why it didn't work for you I am not sure. It makes me believe Zemana didn't have internet connection or it had some other issue.

I was shocked by this test, it simply isn't possible.

If it was a Zero Day malware it had to be blocked by Pandora at least.

Attachments

• 1234.png
    1234.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 416
L

Lucent Warrior

Thread author
Each and every one of them is detected by our engine and personally confirmed by me for all 7 samples. Zemana was active and it blocked all of them while trying to execute.

Picture of scheduled scan attached.

Why it didn't work for you I am not sure. On your TCPView I don't see Zemana process listed so that makes me believe Zemana didn't have internet connection or it had some other issue.

I was shocked by this test, it simply isn't possible.
Anything is possible and it has been several days since those were listed and now have higher detection rates. The on demand portion of the test worked just fine, which leads me to believe it has connection, not to mention the product will tell you it has lost connection if you try to scan or update, which i updated right before executing the first sample.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Exactly. I am not trying to say the test is false or anything similar, but on Smart scan sample was detected and upon execution it wasn't detected, so there had to be some issue. There are too many ways Zemana checks for file validity and not to detect single one of them is unbelievable to me.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
I don't want to argue with you, but this is not possible. I would believe in it if it failed to detect 2 or 3 samples, but it failed on 7 of them, that's not possible. If you take a look at the test you will see that samples are detected on the Smart Scan and not detected by execution, it proves that there are some inconsistencies in this test.

I personally tested all of them and each and every one of them was blocked upon execution and detected on Smart Scan too.

If engine failed to detect it assuming it was a Zero Day malware, Pandora would have shown suspicious file detected at least.

L

Lucent Warrior

Thread author
I don't want to argue with you, but this is not possible. I would believe in it if it failed to detect 2 or 3 samples, but it failed on 7 of them, that's not possible. If you take a look at the test you will see that samples are detected on the Smart Scan and not detected by execution, it proves that there are some inconsistencies in this test.

I personally tested all of them and each and every one of them was blocked upon execution and detected on Smart Scan too.

If engine failed to detect it assuming it was a Zero Day malware, Pandora would have shown suspicious file detected at least.
When it comes to signatures, a product will surely grab up samples that it has had 4 days to catch up with, considering most of those engines are tested here, and the product is used by almost everyone of the testers.
In the video, if you watch it again, you will notice i not only check the updates right before executing the first sample, but while going through the list of samples i change the action back and forth a few times to see if the product is still responsive as it was not detecting anything, and then at the end, i run the on demand, no system restart, no killing of the products process and restarting it. So if indeed it is an internal issue with the product, and i was the developer, i would look into this.

I run Windows 10 Pro in Vmware Workstation. Isolated and on NAT.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.