E3 2017: Introducing Xbox One X, the world’s most powerful console!

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
c73cacd1b4421057bddb8010d0500291-1024x576.jpg

Xbox One X begins rolling out to all Xbox One markets starting Nov. 7.

As the newest member of the Xbox One family of devices, Xbox One X will offer gamers premier console performance for $499 USD / 449 GBP / 499 EUR / 599 CAD/ 649 AUD and begins rolling out to all Xbox One markets starting Nov. 7. Every Xbox One X unit will come with a 1TB hard drive, a matching Xbox Wireless Controller, HDMI cable, power supply, a 1-month free Xbox Game Pass subscription and a 14-day free Xbox Live Gold membership.

Inspired by the sleek design elements of Xbox One S, now in black, Xbox One X is not only the most powerful console we’ve ever created, it’s also the smallest. Like the Xbox One S, it includes a 4K UHD Blu-ray player, built-in power supply, three USB 3.0 ports (one in the front and two in the back), and IR blaster. It can be placed horizontally or vertically with an optional stand. For those who already own an Xbox One S, all the cables you own will transfer over, with port locations designed to be an easy plug-and-play swap in your existing gaming setup.

Games play better on Xbox One X

With 40 percent more power than any other console, Xbox One X is the world’s most powerful console. With the 6-teraflop Scorpio engine, developers can realize their biggest worlds in vibrant 4K and in a superior format for 1080p screens.

Xbox One X delivers immersive, true 4K gaming

Xbox One X is built for true 4K gaming, which combines 2160p frame buffers, High Dynamic Range and Wide Color Gamut into a pristine visual package. At launch, we’ll be offering Xbox One X Enhanced versions of existing Xbox One games including Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3, Minecraft, Resident Evil 7, Final Fantasy 15, Rocket League, each upgraded to take advantage of Xbox One X’s additional performance. In addition, some of this year’s biggest blockbusters will be launching in true 4K, including Forza Motorsport 7.

Xbox One X is fully compatible across the Xbox One family of devices

With the Xbox One family of devices, our focus is on hardware innovation without sacrificing compatibility. That’s why all existing Xbox One games, including Xbox Play Anywhere titles, Backward Compatible Xbox 360 games, and accessories will be compatible with Xbox One X.

Fans can enjoy all the same benefits of Xbox Live on Xbox One X

Xbox Live is the most advanced multiplayer network and all its benefits extend to the Xbox One family of devices, including Xbox One X. Those include dedicated servers to maximize performance, speed and reliability, cross-platform integration with gamers on Windows 10 and Xbox One devices, as well as two to four free games each month with Xbox Live Gold.

It’s an incredibly exciting time for the industry and for our fans, and we’re looking forward to launching the world’s most powerful console, Xbox One X, starting this November.

Read more about Xbox One X over at Xbox Wire!
Source

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
The specs are incredible!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
US $499 (currency conversion £355)
GB £450 (RRP)

Edit: Tax.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHvFl

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
that price with the specs is insane.
during the whole Microsoft presentation, they said numerous times 4k 60FPS.
let's see if they're not lying.

Reactions: ttto

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Meh I have always been the Nintendo guy, despite there stance against us video game modders.. Just heard they are releasing Rocket League for the Switch.. Enticing me back in again.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Interested, but not on my pre-order list.

+ Cheaper than their Surface devices.
+ Clean design
+ UHD Blu-ray Drive

You should buy one.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
The price is simply too high. If it'd come out at $399 I'd have been optimistic but at $499 I'm betting it flops. Not to mention while 4K TVs have gained ground in purchase percentage they're still nowhere near the majority purchased and people won't notice any major graphical difference on 1080p.
I'm also betting publishers will push for more graphical fidelity over frame rates and once again we'll be in a situation where the majority of games are running at a pathetic 30FPS.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The price is simply too high. If it'd come out at $399 I'd have been optimistic but at $499
Still cheaper than your high-end smartphone and Launch 60GB PS3 (2006/7).

people won't notice any major graphical difference on 1080p
Using a more Powerful console on a HDTV there will be some differences on supported games. For the best experience, connect your Xbox One X to a 4K HDR display.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Still cheaper than your high-end smartphone and Launch 60GB PS3 (2006/7).
Aren't high-end smartphones usually bought on contract though? The majority of my friends here in the UK have their phones on contract cause they can't afford to buy a £600 - £700 ($770 - $900) iPhone outright so they're forced to pay in monthly instalments.
Also the PS3 was ridiculously priced at launch due to its custom processor and sold terribly against the 360. It only caught up to the 360 in terms of sales after numerous price cuts over the years. I can't see the XBX selling well until that $100 price cut comes into effect.

Last edited:

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
The price is simply too high. If it'd come out at $399 I'd have been optimistic but at $499 I'm betting it flops. Not to mention while 4K TVs have gained ground in purchase percentage they're still nowhere near the majority purchased and people won't notice any major graphical difference on 1080p.
I'm also betting publishers will push for more graphical fidelity over frame rates and once again we'll be in a situation where the majority of games are running at a pathetic 30FPS.
if the hardware in it can do stable 4k 60FPS, then it's a good price.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
if the hardware in it can do stable 4k 60FPS, then it's a good price.
If every game that's supported runs at a smooth 60FPS (and being the "world’s most powerful console" there's no reason they shouldn't) then I will be overjoyed, but I remain incredibly sceptical until that's shown.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
If every game that's supported runs at a smooth 60FPS (and being the "world’s most powerful console" there's no reason they shouldn't) then I will be overjoyed, but I remain incredibly sceptical until that's shown.
yea well as i said, Microsoft loves overboasting things, none of their consoles could do stable what they promised.

Antonio94

Jun 14, 2017
Hmm, I haven't asked other people but personally the release of Xbox One X doesn't impress me. I felt like it's just an upgraded version of Xbox One, similar to PS4 Pro. I can't compare the power between the two consoles but in term of games arsenal, I still prefer PS4 than the Xbox One... sorry Xbox One fans.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.