Status
Not open for further replies.
List of apps to compare
EagleGet Vs Free Download Manager
What I am most interested about
Learning curve (Ease of Use)
Graphical User Interface

Kent

EagleGet Vs Free Download Manager,which is better? (free download managers )
your opinions pls............:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:
Y

yigido

Free Downlod Manager is very similar with IDM. Just my 2cent

Reactions: Kent

samit

Level 10
Verified
I will say FDM is more stable than Eagleget.....Eagleget freezes and crashes a lot at least for me.....I am liking Download Ninja, it has improved a lot lately....

Reactions: Kent

BERROHO

Level 2
fdm no resource usage ; but eagelget is so fast . sory whu you want them IDM is free to with cracks !

FDM look like IDM but FDM video grabber is not that good like IDM .
And in IDM downloads are safe in different folders according to category (ex video,audio)
EagleGet is not so stable .

OVERALL
Resource Usage (eg: CPU, RAM):-> FDM
Real World System Impact--> ????
User Friendliness--> FDM
User Interface--> EagleGet
Overall Winner--> FDM
;)

Reactions: Raul90 and Kent
D

Deleted member 2913

I am ready ;) is that safe and clean (without virus) :cool:
Well there is a trick to use the trial version forever. No cracks, patches, etc...
You just need to delete a registry entry of IDM & trial is refreshed i.e the registry entry is created again & you get 30 days. After completion of 30 days just repeat the steps again.
I tried it once & worked. Lets see when the second trial ends it works or not.

jamescv7

Level 61
Verified
Trusted
I use FDM before but the issue is from browser integration feature sincd I use Opera it provides lower version thus downloads are not recognize by FDM itself even their Alpha version.

So I will stick to Eagleget.

D

Deleted member 2913

Is it necessary for Eagleget to start with windows or like FDM the option can be disabled & not required to be enabled to work?

Raul90

Level 13
I have both and I find that FDM is more stabler than Eagleget(portable). While it is dependent on your connection I seem to see that there are some instances that Eagleget (portable)has crashed on me. No crashes since 2007 with FDM. I use FDM with Flashgot in Cyberfox and Firefox. Downloading is a bit faster though in Eagleget.

Last edited:
M

MalwareT

Let's see... EagleGet .
Why ?
Never crashed or frozen,beautiful gui,easy to use,reliable,updates often,no crap bundled during installation,has portable version and much more. I don't believe that someone experienced crashes or something else,i use it for long time, so i consider that as bs.

Reactions: Raul90

Raul90

Level 13
Let's see... EagleGet .
Why ?
Never crashed or frozen,beautiful gui,easy to use,reliable,updates often,no crap bundled during installation,has portable version and much more. I don't believe that someone experienced crashes or something else,i use it for long time, so i consider that as bs.
-- Hmm..Well it did actually stopped responding a couple of times..Maybe the crashes that I have experienced was due to conflict with something..it was in Windows 8.1 or that being a first time use. Been hearing a good lot views of Eagleget actually that is why I tried it out. Portable first. It may be noted that when it crashed on it, I restarted it and all downloads also restarted in a giffy. Anyway a re-install would be able to fix that. Actually kept it in Windows 8.1 :) Might you share some settings?

Reactions: MalwareT
Status
Not open for further replies.