Battle EagleGet Vs. IDM (Internet Download Manager)

Rus Anca

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Jun 18, 2014
EagleGet Vs. IDM (Internet Download Manager)

EagleGet is a decent file manager that is sure to gain a lot of satisfied users because of its efficiency and ease of use.

EagleGet is the only freeware out there packed with all the features an ideal universal download accelerator should have.

EagleGet is a fairly solid downloader and definitely is worth keeping if you want a simple and reliable downloader for Windows.

EagleGet has much simpler and direct UI, stable and fast downloading.

In my opinion EagleGet Download Manager it is one of the best IDM alternative.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
Well, this is kinda weird thread. I mean, free versus paid one? And no specific points to be compared..?

They both are good, if I can afford I'd prefer IDM, otherwise, Eagleget is my favorite and the one that I use at the moment.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Even though I never used IDM, surely its one to be so far in such excellent stage and reliable download manager.

Eagleget is very promising free internet download manager as almost a complete package and reliable browser monitoring.

:) (I've tested Eagleget and no more any issues so far)

Khairul

Level 2
Verified
Feb 3, 2015
IDM as its stability, paid version? having no problem at all as in My country the price is as low as RM69 (Malaysia Ringgit) and im one of the reseller :D (Quite bias there :D :D :D). But still, im satisfied with IDM NOT BECAUSE IM a reseller, but because before im becoming reseller i already satisfied with it pirated products ;) . Which make me think "What if im become their reseller". you may purchase it here but once its up (www.kiub.my). for Malaysian you could buy it at store.globalsolution.com.my

Why 2 different website? Well Paypal blocked my web store.globalsolution.com.my due to violation of their fair usage policy because of selling file hosting account / Leech such as Alldebrid. So im planning on publishing new site and seperate between cyberclocking / Leeching / Torrent / File hosting Account site with software selling site. In future, kiub.my will have paypal payment option.

*P/S: if im violating any Forum rules, please notify me

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
EagleGet has already surpassed IDM. Also in terms of media downloading EagleGet is miles ahead of IDM.

Stability-wise IDM is better, but EagleGet is not far behind. Mirrors search hasn't been added it.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
*spits out his drink*
You are making a joke surely. :)

I've been a user of both EG and IDM. If it's been a long time you've used EagleGet a lot has happened. :D

Media downloading features are far advanced in EagleGet compared to IDM which has only Download Bar in browser. EagleGet has 3 way technique,
1. Download bar (like IDM)
2. Video Sniffer (using URL sniffing) - (like XDM)
3. Media Grabber (using URl parsing) - (like FDM/Ninja but highly advanced)

Every other feature that's available in IDM is present in EagleGet. So who wins?

Reactions: LAGUN and frogboy

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I've been a user of both EG and IDM. If it's been a long time you've used EagleGet a lot has happened. :D

Media downloading features are far advanced in EagleGet compared to IDM which has only Download Bar in browser. EagleGet has 3 way technique,
1. Download bar (like IDM)
2. Video Sniffer (using URL sniffing) - (like XDM)
3. Media Grabber (using URl parsing) - (like FDM/Ninja but highly advanced)

Every other feature that's available in IDM is present in EagleGet. So who wins?
It has only been four or five years since i have tried it so granted much may have changed. :D:D But no need to try it as am very satisfied with IDM and i will continue to use IDM as i paid for it five years ago. Money well spent. :D

Majid Hamid

Mar 17, 2015
Oh well,i've been using IDM for 10 years maybe?? It's a great program, but now since sometimes IDM having problem with integration module, i try out EG for a change. Trust me, EG is better than IDM and don't see it's flaw until now ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.