Q&A EaseUS Todo Backup question.

Morro

Level 11
Verified
Jul 8, 2012
I have a question about EaseUS Todo Backup, what is the best amount of system backups to keep at all times? Is the last 3 or 5 the best ... or more.

I am not asking because I have to little space, ( The backups are made automatically on my 5TB external HD. ) I am just curious as to what the best practice is in this case.

silversurfer

Level 75
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Aug 17, 2014
I have a question about EaseUS Todo Backup, what is the best amount of system backups to keep at all times? Is the last 3 or 5 the best ... or more.

I am not asking because I have to little space, ( The backups are made automatically on my 5TB external HD. ) I am just curious as to what the best practice is in this case.

I'm using Macrium Reflect, system backups are made at least once per week, I kept all the full year after that just deleted the first 6 months.
The most important is the first system backup after "clean install" of Windows 10, that should be stored until you are making the next clean install...

Morro

Level 11
Verified
Jul 8, 2012
I'm using Macrium Reflect, system backups are made at least once per week, I kept all the full year after that just deleted the first 6 months.
The most important is the first system backup after "clean install" of Windows 10, that should be stored until you are making the next clean install...
Alright, I will place the first System Backup in its own clearly marked folder, and then just keep all the others until the end of the year. At that point I will delete the first 6.