Easyjet Hacked : 9 million People's Data Accessed

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Budget British airline Easyjet has been hacked, it has told the stock markets, admitting nine million people's details were accessed and more than 2,000 customers' credit card details stolen.

Some information about the attack was released to the London Stock Exchange by the company, which claimed it had been targeted by "a highly sophisticated source". Email addresses and "travel details" of "approximately 9 million customers" were slurped by the unidentified hackers. Easyjet insists that the passport and credit card details of nearly all of those people were not affected. However, 2,208 unlucky souls within the group did have their credit card details nabbed. Precisely which details – 16 digit card number, 3-digit CVV from the reverse, expiry date and so on – were not spelled out.

Rollers127

Level 1
Jan 4, 2020
I would have thought that in this day and age that credit card details would have been stored in separate locations to regular data and would have to be heavily encrypted to prevent their use? or am I just imagining things and hoping for the best?

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
I would have thought that in this day and age that credit card details would have been stored in separate locations to regular data and would have to be heavily encrypted to prevent their use? or am I just imagining things and hoping for the best?
You're imagining my dear friend.

'Your Data is kept securely' - How many times do we read that when buying? :confused::confused:
Yeah 100% guarantee XD.
Next day you figure out someone toke a loan on your name!

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Yep, and I've flown Easyjet.

I already have 5 different credit monitoring services... most based on data breaches. I'm collecting them apparently.

At least they have my company credit card... and not mine.

Good times.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Yep, and I've flown Easyjet.

I already have 5 different credit monitoring services... most based on data breaches. I'm collecting them apparently.

At least they have my company credit card... and not mine.

Good times.
Haha lol .

• HaHa
Reactions: Burrito

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.