Hello Insiders, today we’re releasing build 82.0.432.3 to the Dev Channel. As mentioned last week, we’ve got another opportunity coming up tomorrow for you to talk with us: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/edge-engineers-available-to-talk-with-you-on-feb-....
Our most exciting news today is that the edge://surf game from November’s #FindWhatsNext campaign is now available for everyone to play just by going to edge://surf! In addition to being available from the error page that appears when you’re offline, the game now has new modes including time trial, support for other input methods like touch and gamepads, accessibility improvements, high scores, and remastered visuals. Many of these changes are based on your feedback, so check out edge://surf to see what else we included! Please note that this is being rolled out via our experimentation platform, so it may take a little bit to reach everybody.
As for everything else that’s notable and new:
- Added the ability to put the Share button next to the address bar.
- Added a management policy to disable the Share button.
- Added the ability to hide the Home button by right-clicking it.
- Added support for Windows Information Protection.
- Added a management policy to control the automatic creation of on-premises work or school profiles (profiles with a DOMAIN\NAME format instead of a NAME@COMPANY.COM format).
- Added extra security to the Payment info Settings page by requiring the OS-level password in order to edit or delete cards.
- Added support for syncing the “Allow extensions from other stores” setting to other devices.
Please sent feedback to MS. I just did again.I'd like to know if the store version of uBlockOrigin is getting updated or not.
The edge version is maintained by another maintainer NikRolls. This is his twitter: Nik (@NikRolls) | TwitterPlease sent feedback to MS. I just did again.
Also asked on Twitter:
Unfortunately, that is not correct. It was the uBlock Origin version for the "old" Edge and that was abandoned long ago:
Oh I didn't know that there's a new add-on store for the new edge. Yeah even the new one still mentions Nik Rolls. WeirdUnfortunately, that is not correct. It was the uBlock Origin version for the "old" Edge and that was abandoned long ago:
Raymond Hill tried to sort that with Microsoft but didn't succeed.
It's a little mess, but the uBlock origin extension for the new Edge is from Raymond but the webpage still mentions Nik Rolls
Asked the question on Wilders in the thread that Raymond Hill visits sometimes:Oh I didn't know that there's a new add-on store for the new edge. Yeah even the new one still mentions Nik Rolls. Weird
But unfortunately nobody answers...Asked the question on Wilders in the thread that Raymond Hill visits sometimes:
Hope to get a definitive answer...I guess they actually switch content delivery - I don't see that foorprint.net even when accessed from German IP and don't need to noop ioam.de to play...www.wilderssecurity.com
I had it in January builds, but not anymore.
If you’ve created and using separate profiles for work and personal needs in the new Edge browser, Microsoft is making the Chromium Edge even better for you. New Edge already lets you open links in other profiles from the context menu, it even allows to choose and set a default profile to open external links through Multiple Profile Preferences in Profiles Settings, to manage the content between different profiles, the company recently has added and enabled Automatic Profile Switching setting by default. The setting is already available in the latest Edge Canary 82.0.449.0 and is rolling out to Microsoft Edge Dev as well.
Hello Insiders, today we’re releasing build 82.0.446.0 to the Dev Channel. For this week’s most noteworthy new additions:
- Added a capability to Guided Switch to ask to switch to a work or school profile when work or school content is being opened in a personal profile.
- Added better drag and drop support for Collections.
- Added support for more websites to properly add price and rating information to a product that’s been added to a Collection.
- Added support for the Native Window Occlusion management policy from upstream Chromium.
- Added the option to the Manage Search Engines management policy to allow search provider discovery.
- Added improved messaging to accounts that aren’t able to sync to explain why they can’t.
- Enabled the new Fluent designs for webpage controls like the calendar picker or dropdown on Mac.