oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Will keep you informed.
I only use Twitter passively, follow just a few accounts for the latest info.
Sometimes you can get great interaction with businesses and developers through social media.

Maybe I'll consider using it that way, but I'm afraid of my own tendencies/urge to post. I'm already addicted to MT! :LOL:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Maybe it's time for Adguard Desktop Beta? Is that still happening?
Maybe, but I still don't like the use of a root certificate for working with https sites.
A combo of DNS and built-in browser tracking protection is maybe the best solution on the long run.
We will see what happens...

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Here's the a pre-holiday patch of 80.0.334.2 bringing Edge Dev. to 80.0.334.3

MICROSOFT Tuesday - last edited 13m ago

UPDATE: We published 334.3 today to fix an issue where navigation on some websites was taking an extraordinarily long time for some users. We're also hoping to publish another small revision next week to fix a couple of known crashes.

L

Local Host

here is a question i have pixel phone use chrome of course but have edge browser also now that the new edge browser
to me feels faster then chrome will google allow the new edge browser to be used on android soon or will it probably
have to be stripped down so it does not overtake chrome usage share.
Edge on Android always used Chromium, it currently syncs with Edge Chromium (Desktop) as well.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Dev channel update to 80.0.345.0 is live:

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Only for noobs like you! :LOL::LOL::LOL:
:LOL: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:🥰
giphy.gif

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
What is M$'s situation on manifest v3 stuffs? Still silent?

I can't find anything recent but you may read below about M$'s view. If M$ wants Edge to have an edge on Chrome, they will implement their own changes to preserve extension ad blocking ability. Brave committed to this early this year, so of course MS could. These companies can decide which Chromium features to implement or not, no matter what. My opinion is that they have made some commitment to privacy concerns of their users, which they have shown by some recent developments. I am not worrying about this myself. I also encourage involvement on the Edge Insider Forum to make sure they hear us.

5 months ago
from the Edge team @ MS - (I've added my own italics for emphasis)

"There are a couple components I want to touch on here - As mentioned elsewhere, we're still evaluating the adblock Manifest V3 changes, so we're not quite ready to commit to a statement one way or another on that issue.
More generally, we hear you that adblock is super important to having a good experience on the web. We're doing a couple of things now to start to address this:
  • First, we're a member of the Coalition for Better Ads. As part of that we plan to start enforcing these standards by blocking ads on sites which do not comply with CBA guidelines by default.
  • Second, we're committed to a strong extension ecosystem, including ad blocking. We're still evaluating some of the latest changes here in Chromium, but we're committed to the customer scenario as a principle. To be clear, we will not artificially restrict ad blocking for business reasons related to advertising.
  • Finally, we occasionally hear requests for a built in ad blocking experiences in Edge. For most users, we find that extensions (combined with strong defaults around tracking prevention) are the best option here because you can choose from a variety of experiences and defaults, but we absolutely want to hear from you if you think this should be built in."
- Kyle

Also -

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
I know the Edge on Android is already based on chromium, but the Android version uses adblock as buildin adblocker ( not M$ internal based on Discinnect).

The only infi I can find on the new Edge chromium for Desktop is that there are no plans to port it to mobile. The new desktop Edge chromium is available for Windows and iOS. Since iOS is based on Linux (only with more security restrictions), it should not be to difficult to port the new Edge to Linux and Android too (Android is also based on Linux).

From mantainance perspective it is easier and cheaper to maintain one software code base, so it would make sense to publish an Android version which is based on the new (desktop) Edge chromium. For marketing purposes a Linux version would probably make sense to (cross platform compatibility and user experience).

So are there MT members active on Insider comnunity with som news or gossips relating to Android and Linux versions?

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
So are there MT members active on Insider comnunity with som news or gossips relating to Android and Linux versions?

I seem to remember some mention of this on news sites, not the Insider Forum, but you would need to research it. I don't use Android Edge or Linux so I haven't inquired further.

oldschool

Level 81
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I'm annoyed than ChromEdge doesn't sync extension, im back with Chrome. Maybe I will try FF for some time, let see how solid I can make it via tweaks.

It's on dev to-do list. Patience my friend!

Edit: @Umbra aka boon - please post your FF config somewhere if you give it a try. (y)

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 823865

I know, I'm patient, but not that patient, extension sync could have been made from the very start, but they didn't for some reasons.
I rather prefer they focus on functionalities than worrying about tabs being square or round...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.