Setup Idea Effective Protection for Windows 11 with Emsisoft Anti-Malware (testing)

Operating System
Windows 11, Windows 10, or Windows 8
Login Unlock
Sign-in with
Local account (offline)
Primary user
Standard rights - Restricted permissions that prevent harmful changes
Additional users
Set with Standard user rights
Windows UAC
Always notify
Always-on protection
Emsisoft Anti-Malware with Sandboxie
Firewall
Microsoft Defender Firewall (Windows 11 & 10)
Custom RT/Firewall security
Open Emsisoft > Settings > Heuristics > set on "High" (test)
Periodic scanning
Malwarebytes Free
Secure DNS
Cloudflare DNS
VPN
F-Secure FREEDOME VPN - you can get it via this promotion.
Password manager
LastPass
Browsers and Extensions
Google Chrome with AdGuard extension.
Utilities for Maintenance
Ccleaner
Files & Photos backup
OneDrive
Emergency recovery plan
Shadow Defender
Recommended for
  1. Inexperienced users
  2. Device is shared by family members
  3. Banking or other financial activity
  4. Gamers

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
In this forum, members can submit different security setups for Windows and the other members can vote on them. This forum will rank the ideas by counting the votes for each Setup Idea. Titles should be descriptive and the thread should contain details on how to setup the computer so that every member can replicate the Idea.

Forum
222.jpg

In thread:

ewew.jpg

byronbytes

Level 2
Mar 30, 2022
In this forum, members can submit different security setups for Windows and the other members can vote on them. This forum will rank the ideas by counting the votes for each Setup Idea. Titles should be descriptive and the thread should contain details on how to setup the computer so that every member can replicate the Idea.

Forum
View attachment 266226

In thread:

View attachment 266227
This sounds like a great idea for the forums!

Will there be different types of setup "presets" such as "Defence Against Malware Testing", "Home Security", etc? Also, am I allowed to post ideas in this thread?

plat

Level 28
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2018
Sandboxie Classic UI might be a better idea to start off for NEW (even regular) users. The Plus UI is not as intuitive.

This is a wonderful example setup, I think. It's clean, neat and covers a LOT of security bases. Sandboxie Plus UI malware FAQs

Thanks for this new forum: Setup Ideas. (y)

MrFellow

Level 2
Jun 7, 2022
Sandboxie Classic UI might be a better idea to start off for NEW (even regular) users. The Plus UI is not as intuitive.

This is a wonderful example setup, I think. It's clean, neat and covers a LOT of security bases. Sandboxie Plus UI malware FAQs

Thanks for this new forum: Setup Ideas. (y)
Funny thing, I tried Sandboxie and Sandboxie+, as I was new to those applications. Could not get my head around SB, because SB+ was much more easier for me to use.

Back3

Level 12
Verified
Top poster
Apr 14, 2019
Most of my friends are over 50 and their devices are not shared. They are real newbies. They don't use their PC for gaming or banking: they use an Ipad for banking.TouchID is very convenient. Most of them have 3 devices: a PC, a tablet and a cell phone.

Their PC setup:
Admin user, UAC Max, Microsoft Defender with Configure Defender, Hibit Uninstaller used for junk files cleaning once a month, Windows Update, Chrome with Adguard, sync Google Photos, calendar, contacts, Gmail and Chrome on every device. Bitwarden used as a vault for their passwords or and a small notebook.

Every 4 months or so: I check their PC with Norton Power Eraser, Sumo, Autoruns and Process Explorer; make a backup of their most important files on external drives. Make sure that every password is safe and on Bitwarden or notebook.
Some have learned how to make a backup on a drive.....

Most people have 3 devices or more. Security is indispensable, but synchronization is also essential.

Last edited: