Elon Musk: Colonize Mars If Humanity To Survive New ‘Dark Age’

Rengar

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Head of SpaceX and Tesla founder wants a Mars base to protect humanity in the event of a third world war.
Elon Musk says that when the next Dark Age arrives, the only way to preserve the human species will be to have colonies on Mars and the moon.

“There’s likely to be another dark age,” Musk told the crowd last week at the South By Southwest festival, (SWSX) “particularly if there’s another world war in Earth’s future. We want to make sure there’s enough of a seed of human civilization somewhere else to bring civilization back and, perhaps, shorten the length of the dark ages.” Musk’s comments came during an on stage conversation with Jonathan Nolan, the co-creator of HBO’s Westworld.

For-I-am-a-God.jpg

Whilst a moon base would be good, Elon Musk thinks a Mars base would be superior, especially if humanity is to survive the next ‘Dark Age.’

Doomsday
While it would be easy to paint Elon as the ultimate rich kid Doomsday prepper, his logical reasoning seems sound. “I’m not predicting that we’re about to enter the dark ages, but there’s some probability that we will, particularly if there’s a third world war…It’s important to get a self-sustaining base ideally on Mars, because Mars is far enough away from Earth that [should war or some other natural disaster befall the planet] the Mars base is more likely to survive than a moon base,” he said. “But I think a moon base and a Mars base that could perhaps regenerate life back here on Earth would be really important.”

Musk was also though at pains to point out that escaping to Mars or the moon was not a get-out-jail-free-card for the world’s wealthy elites. “The moon and Mars are often thought of as some escape hatch for rich people, but it won’t be that at all,” he said. “Really it kind of reads like Shackleton’s ad for Antarctic explorers … difficult, dangerous, good chance you’ll die, excitement for those who would survive.”

Great bars
But Musk wasn’t just all about the survival of the species. His entrepreneurial spirit also shone through. He also said that he one day envisaged a Mars Colony that would need businesses to survive and prosper, a self sustaining outpost on Mars with a million people in as little time as 100 years.

“Mars will need everything from iron foundries to pizza joints to nightclubs,” he said. “Mars should really have great bars.”

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
He is my soulmate!
Btw his idea is more than realistic and necessary than you would think.
Stephen Hawking alsó said the same as Musk.

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
They might want to hurry it up then.

WW3 could happen at any moment.

Not many resources up there on mars as we speak so they need to rush it a bit.

First it would be smart to get the base going on the Moon (good for practice) so we can launch from there forward.

And c'mon, you all know it would be for the rich of course. Colonizing Mars first. Trips there would probably be in the millions. It could be the end of the world and they would still charge you for a trip to Mars. No free rides.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
by the way what's Elon Musk religion?
is he a Jewish?
But why do you ask what religion Elon Musk follows?
Religion is the private sphere, and does not influence the esteem I have for people, and Elon Musk in particular.
And if he follows the Jewish religion, that's his private problem, you shouldn't ask this!
You're looking for the Jews? Why?

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011

First it would be smart to get the base going on the Moon (good for practice) so we can launch from there forward.

And c'mon, you all know it would be for the rich of course. Colonizing Mars first. Trips there would probably be in the millions. It could be the end of the world and they would still charge you for a trip to Mars. No free rides.

"They might want to hurry it up then.

WW3 could happen at any moment."

- but stop scaring me, please...I do not believe in the possibility of World War 3, our leaders are not crazy, at least...
...they work on general (not all, there are some idealists...) to fill his pockets, so won't want to lose everything...
Their earnings (on our back...) comfort me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 65228

World War 3 has already started in a way.

Russia and North Korea are causing tension with a variety of other countries. North Korea have been linked to Sony hacks in the past and the WannaCry ransomware has been blamed on them by many countries, NotPetya has been led to come from the Russian government and the Olympics Game malware would have caused the tension with North Korea even higher (because North Korea likely want to find out who was responsible and thus would become angrier at the attack actor). Russia have recently been blamed for poisoning of a UK civilian and his daughter and potentially caused damage to many others with the same incident, also harming innocent police who attended the scene.

That is how a World War starts. France, Germany, UK and the US are all on the same side against Russia at-least. Other countries which are allies to countries joining sides will combine. China will have to decide which side to go on, Russia will have to get people on side otherwise they will be on their own. China have robots for fighting now as well.

US have been developing next-generation military combat suits which are bullet-proof, stab-proof, bomb-proof even... Inspired by Marvel and DC characters like Iron Man. Look it up. Russia have been developing their own next-generation suits, it looks like something from a futuristic Call of Duty.

Tension will continue building and building for many more years and then it will get worse and worse unless countries learn to make up for the previous incidents, start fresh and get on with each other.

Cyber-crime is also increasing between countries. Country X targeting Country X and then Country X avenging the attack from Country X.

The country you are in might have a good government who aren't crazy but there are other governments which are not so sane so once an attack move is made, defence moves are made. Which leads to fighting in the end.

Look at the US and North Korea, talking about nuclear bombing each other all the time. Threats can cause retaliation to them involving violence, too. If Country X threatens Country X civilians, the offended Country could just eliminate the problem before it escalates to the threat coming true. This could happen even if it isn't good.

Elon Musk's idea is very good IMO.

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
World War 3 has already started in a way.

Russia and North Korea are causing tension with a variety of other countries. North Korea have been linked to Sony hacks in the past and the WannaCry ransomware has been blamed on them by many countries, NotPetya has been led to come from the Russian government and the Olympics Game malware would have caused the tension with North Korea even higher (because North Korea likely want to find out who was responsible and thus would become angrier at the attack actor). Russia have recently been blamed for poisoning of a UK civilian and his daughter and potentially caused damage to many others with the same incident, also harming innocent police who attended the scene.

That is how a World War starts. France, Germany, UK and the US are all on the same side against Russia at-least. Other countries which are allies to countries joining sides will combine. China will have to decide which side to go on, Russia will have to get people on side otherwise they will be on their own. China have robots for fighting now as well.

US have been developing next-generation military combat suits which are bullet-proof, stab-proof, bomb-proof even... Inspired by Marvel and DC characters like Iron Man. Look it up. Russia have been developing their own next-generation suits, it looks like something from a futuristic Call of Duty.

Tension will continue building and building for many more years and then it will get worse and worse unless countries learn to make up for the previous incidents, start fresh and get on with each other.

Cyber-crime is also increasing between countries. Country X targeting Country X and then Country X avenging the attack from Country X.

The country you are in might have a good government who aren't crazy but there are other governments which are not so sane so once an attack move is made, defence moves are made. Which leads to fighting in the end.

Look at the US and North Korea, talking about nuclear bombing each other all the time. Threats can cause retaliation to them involving violence, too. If Country X threatens Country X civilians, the offended Country could just eliminate the problem before it escalates to the threat coming true. This could happen even if it isn't good.

Elon Musk's idea is very good IMO.
Someone with abit knowlegend, nice. You should look up at the NewWorldOrder and the Rothschild family. That is way more scarry.

Electr0n

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Feb 19, 2018

If WW3 happens, and really a nuclear warfare goes on then I think human civilization should cease to exist. Having two world wars is shameful enough, and if another one happens then that would truly mean that we never learn from our mistakes and we will become a threat any other civilization that we come in touch with. So if ww3 happens, at least I won't be interested in carrying on my life in mars provided that "if" I survive.

Reactions: Prorootect

Electr0n

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Feb 19, 2018
But why do you ask what religion Elon Musk follows?
Religion is the private sphere, and does not influence the esteem I have for people, and Elon Musk in particular.
And if he follows the Jewish religion, that's his private problem, you shouldn't ask this!
You're looking for the Jews? Why?

Only if more people understood this, there would have been at least 50% less problems in this world.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

When I was very young in grade school, I remember my grandfather telling me about WWIII. I was so young, I didn't care or think much about it. The only thing I remember to this day is that he said at first China and Russia would be against the US and allies but at some point fight along side the US. My grandfather and grandmother never had running water in the house. They had an outhouse and well with a hand pump and so they never had a TV, phone and maybe not even a radio. I think at one time my mom said he had a special incite of some kind.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.