Emre's updated 2017 security setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emre

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 23, 2015
Due to last antivirus tests, Microsoft's built in security software WD is developing itself. The other softwares can have some bugs and compability issues, so i am happy with WD and Windows firewall. I have more control over the firewall with Tinywall. And last year i have learned much common sense about the OS. My config seems very solid to me. Also in my opinion there is not any perfect solution to the malwares.
Edit: Tinywall uninstalled because of some network connectivity problems. Windows Firewall Control(Binisoft) is perfect for my use. Finally i have data backup software from Google.

Last edited:

Emre

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 23, 2015
I like it. Simple but strong. :)
Please, consider to add HTTPS EveryWhere extension and Sandboxie
Thanks for sharing :)
I know the power of Sandboxie software but, i don't know if the free version is limited so much or not. Because i don't want to pay that. Also i don't like the limited software :) Can someone compare Sandboxie free and paid ?

T

The paranoid one

Hi @Emre

Copy and paste from Sandboxie - FAQ Licensing

A. Two features:
• "Force" programs: Automatically run programs under Sandboxie even when they are not started directly through Sandboxie. Programs can be "forced" by name or by containing folder.
• Run programs in more than one sandbox at the same time. This causes error SBIE1303 in the free version. The paid version also offers Office365 support, Office 2016 support and Office 2013 (Click2Run) Support and will also include any premium features in the future.
See also: Register Sandboxie.

Reactions: AnonMan and Emre
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.