jojo6x1

Thread author
May 4, 2015
Hey guys,

i'm in love with Emsisoft, but i asked myself which one is the better decision:

Emsisoft Antimalware + Windows 8.1 Firewall
or
Emsisoft InternetSecurity

Are there any performance problems with EIS?

P.S. Excuse my english skills :D

Maxxx58

Level 13
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
In my opinion, Emsisoft Internet Security is better. System impact on EAM and EIS is the same, I don't found any difference on performance in my experience

Giannis

Level 2
Verified
Oct 27, 2014
Same here, the system impact is the same plus the Firewall included on EIS is simple and easy to use. The only difference I've found is the RAM usage. EAM can go from 40 MB to 80-90 and EIS from 100 to 140-150+ (115 MB on my system at the moment).

Reactions: silversurfer
H

hjlbx

If you are going to use Windows firewall, then you really should use a Guest Account as much as possible or add an anti-executable like VooDooShield or NoVirusThanks Exe Radar Pro.

The reason is that some malwares can disable Windows firewall and UAC while using an Administrator account.

I requested Alexandru, the BiniSoft Windows Firewall Control developer, to add a feature to WFC = alert user when Windows firewall is disabled. (I'm not sure if it has been implemented yet... or even if he is going to implement it at all).

Of the two, I recommend EIS over EAM. EIS is much better suited to typical user as it's correct use and interface are easier to grasp and learn for typical user. More importantly, EIS application firewall is much better than Windows firewall - even if user adds WFC.

The vast majority of users will be much better served and protected by EIS than EAM; EAM requires some advanced knowledge that is not readily apparent.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Either configurations should work. Emsisoft will suggest their Internet Security, if you use Public or Untrusted Wi-Fi networks.

You can see what EIS has to offer,
http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/internetsecurity/

A home PC can use either, it's your decision. Since you will still be protected by their Dual Antimalware engine, Proactive Behavioural guard and Web protection.

Reactions: silversurfer

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I suggest as much as possible go to the combined features first since everything are provided and a little tweak can help all. Emsisoft is known to have very good BB, detection and Firewall so give a chance to explore everything; most case of suggesting layer protection is a part of Firewall where level of difficulty to configure varies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.