Help Me Decide Emsisoft Anti-Malware 12 OR Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium?

Discussion in 'Compare Apps Archive' started by spaceoctopus, Jan 11, 2017.

?

Emsisoft Anti-Malware 12 OR Malwarebytes 3.0 ?

1. EAM 12

68 vote(s)
    88.3%
  2. Malwabytes 3.0

9 vote(s)
    11.7%
  1. spaceoctopus

spaceoctopus Level 10

Jul 13, 2014
    Distant galaxy
    Windows 10
    ESET
    List of products to compare:
    Emsisoft Anti-Malware 12
    Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium
    What I am most interested about:
    • Learning curve (Ease of Use)
    • Exclusive Features & Functionality
    Why I want to compare:
    These two products want to achieve the same goal but use different methods.
    Hi, i want to know what you would choose between those two products in terms of protection only. I think these two are great products, which are different in their approach with dealing with malwares and other nasty stuffs.

Emsisoft Anti-malware is more traditional with a Dual signature engine,and behavioural detection(trained also to stop Ransomwares) and web protection.

Malwarebytes 3.0 focuses more on Pro-active protection(behavioural protection), system and app hardening(exploit protection),has web and ransomware protection also, and focuses less on signatures compared to Emsisoft.

So, what would you choose between those two products to protect your system(without combining them).
    As examples:
    Why you think one approach is better than the other and vice/versa?
    Perhaps due to how you use your PC, why you would prefer one product on the other.
    How one product or the other could offer better protection, depending on your personal opinion?

Please, no product bashing ;)

Thanks.

2. _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_ Level 52
    Trusted

Aug 2, 2015
    Retired
    Central US
    Linux Mint
    Default-Deny
    #2 _CyberGhosT_, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    I own and have vast experience with both, and at the stage that MalwareBytes is in now, what I would call
    a developmental transitional stage, I would run with EAM right now, just my honest and educated opinion
    take it for what "you" feel it is worth ;) PeAcE
    Good Luck..
    PS: I didn't delve into the characteristics of both due to them both being very will known solutions with a rich history. Information for both is in abundance and easy to find no matter what browser or search engine users prefer.
    PeAcE

Svoll, Jack, carsten ibsen and 7 others like this.
  3. Aktiffiso

Aktiffiso Level 6

Aug 24, 2013
    EAM call themselves antimalware because is the correct term to refer to security product. I like them. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware are good i hear they use combofix methods but for me EAM is more easy and stable

4. CMLew

CMLew Level 22

Oct 30, 2015
    Registered Safety Practitioner
    Singapore
    Windows 10
    Default-Deny
    If you're first starting a security config, EAM would be the preferred choice.

If you already have a security config and just want another to complement it, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware or EAM will do as well.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is more of a complement security product IMHO, with real-time protection on premium. Otherwise, free version is more of a OD scanner.

5. Evjl's Rain

Evjl's Rain Level 29
    Trusted AV Tester

Apr 18, 2016
    Vietnam
    Windows 8.1
    Avast
    MB3 is far far far behind EIS
    MB3 is even weaker than WD, in terms of detection rate and behavior blocker
    If the scanner cannot detect the malwares, its realtime protection is very unlikely to block those undetected malwares

6. Zero Knowledge

Zero Knowledge Level 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Dark Cloud Universe
    Emsisoft for sure. Much better protection. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is weak to the point it's almost useless.

7. bunchuu

bunchuu Level 7

Mar 17, 2015
    Sales Supervisor
    Indonesia
    Windows 10
    ESET
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 3.0 is slow, many MT member complain it in this week.
    However, I hope they get better in near future.

So, EAM is clear winner right now.

8. Axelrod Sven

Axelrod Sven Level 3

Feb 11, 2016
    Hunting Malware
    Windows 10
    BitDefender
    You know, this thread is so ironic.

Two giveaway Threads - Emsisoft Anti-Malware Giveaway, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware giveaway. Both launched December 26, 2016.

Emsisoft thread has 37 entries (and counting), has 50 licenses for giveaway.

MalwareBytes has 102 entries (and counting), but has 20 licenses for giveaway.

--That said, my opinion - Emsisoft is better right now. But this is really a brilliant opportunity for MalwareBytes to overtake Emsisoft. Three months, maybe six months, MalwareBytes will be a top product suite.

9. Evjl's Rain

Evjl's Rain Level 29
    Trusted AV Tester

Apr 18, 2016
    Vietnam
    Windows 8.1
    Avast
    because there was a giveaway thead for EIS for 50 licenses before. Those members who won are not allowed to enter the new giveaway for EAM
    there was also a one for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware but the number of licenses was less

This is why the number of users entering emsisoft giveaway thread is less

10. amir 957

amir 957 Level 4

Jan 9, 2017
    Iran
    Windows 10
    ESET
    Emsisoft certainly
    So many people use MB not as a head security suite
    They use it with another security suite for better protection

11. Tairan

Tairan Level 3

Oct 1, 2016
    Dayton, OH
    Malwarebytes detection is falling dramatically. Emsisoft is far better, and is comparable to Kaspersky Antivirus and Eset Nod32 (possibly even better).

12. Aura

Aura Level 20

Jul 29, 2014
    Technical Support Tier 2
    Québec, Canada
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    You're comparing an Antivirus (EAM) to an Antimalware (Malwarebytes 3.0). You can't really do that.

Svoll, carsten ibsen and spaceoctopus like this.
  13. spaceoctopus

spaceoctopus Level 10

Jul 13, 2014
    Distant galaxy
    Windows 10
    ESET
    They are comparable. First, in the name of Emsisoft is ''Anti-malware'' not ''Antivirus''

Anti-malware is also a general term, which include all the threats present on the internet. On the Emsisoft website it is well explained:
    (Why is it called "Anti-Malware" and not "Antivirus"
    Our lab has determined that classic viruses only make up less than 0.5% of total threats (in 2016). Using "Antivirus" would therefore be wrong by definition. We're perfectionists so we have elected to use the broader term "Malware" as it stands for all kinds of online threats.)

Malwarebytes states on it's website that it is an antivirus replacement. It can be used with or without another antivirus or security suite. So by taking these details into consideration, EAM and Malwarebytes 3.0 can be compared.:)

Svoll, Jack, tim one and 2 others like this.
  14. Aura

Aura Level 20

Jul 29, 2014
    Technical Support Tier 2
    Québec, Canada
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    It is still not the same kind of product as Malwarebytes 3.0. Emsisoft targets viruses and include Antivirus features that Malwarebytes 3.0 doesn't have, therefore, they are different.

carsten ibsen likes this.
  15. carsten ibsen

carsten ibsen Level 20

Sep 18, 2016
    retired
    denmark
    Windows 10
    Microsoft
    I voted Malwarebytes 3.0 because I honestly believe it is the best:eek:

Svoll and spaceoctopus like this.
  16. spaceoctopus

spaceoctopus Level 10

Jul 13, 2014
    Distant galaxy
    Windows 10
    ESET
    They are designed to deal with all kinds of threats. Their methods are different.
    Like for example, cloud antiviruses or security softwares use the cloud more than other products(who still use cloud tech but not to the same extent), but the goal is still to protect against all internet threats. Different products, methods, but same goals.:)

Svoll likes this.
  17. spaceoctopus

spaceoctopus Level 10

Jul 13, 2014
    Distant galaxy
    Windows 10
    ESET
    Haha that's fine. it's your opinion, an it is also a nice product.:)

Svoll likes this.
  18. They are both brilliant products but Emsisoft is & always will be the winner for me out of all AV products. MalwareBytes V3 is a brilliant application though that has extremely good protection.

19. spaceoctopus

spaceoctopus Level 10

Jul 13, 2014
    Distant galaxy
    Windows 10
    ESET
    You test products regularly,i'm sure ypu know what you are talking about;)

Svoll, ng4ever and MalwareBlockerYT like this.
  20. Thanks :) I would like to think so too :p A lot of people on here know exactly what they're talking about & that's one reason why I like it here ;)

Svoll and spaceoctopus like this.