Battle Emsisoft Anti-Malware 12 OR Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium?

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
Hi, i want to know what you would choose between those two products in terms of protection only. I think these two are great products, which are different in their approach with dealing with malwares and other nasty stuffs.

Emsisoft Anti-malware is more traditional with a Dual signature engine,and behavioural detection(trained also to stop Ransomwares) and web protection.

Malwarebytes 3.0 focuses more on Pro-active protection(behavioural protection), system and app hardening(exploit protection),has web and ransomware protection also, and focuses less on signatures compared to Emsisoft.

So, what would you choose between those two products to protect your system(without combining them).
As examples:
Why you think one approach is better than the other and vice/versa?
Perhaps due to how you use your PC, why you would prefer one product on the other.
How one product or the other could offer better protection, depending on your personal opinion?

Please, no product bashing ;)

Thanks.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I own and have vast experience with both, and at the stage that MalwareBytes is in now, what I would call
a developmental transitional stage, I would run with EAM right now, just my honest and educated opinion
take it for what "you" feel it is worth ;) PeAcE
Good Luck..
PS: I didn't delve into the characteristics of both due to them both being very will known solutions with a rich history. Information for both is in abundance and easy to find no matter what browser or search engine users prefer.
PeAcE

Last edited:

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
If you're first starting a security config, EAM would be the preferred choice.

If you already have a security config and just want another to complement it, MBAM or EAM will do as well.

MBAM is more of a complement security product IMHO, with real-time protection on premium. Otherwise, free version is more of a OD scanner.

Axelrod Sven

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 11, 2016
You know, this thread is so ironic.

Two giveaway Threads - Emsisoft Anti-Malware Giveaway, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware giveaway. Both launched December 26, 2016.

Emsisoft thread has 37 entries (and counting), has 50 licenses for giveaway.

MalwareBytes has 102 entries (and counting), but has 20 licenses for giveaway.

--That said, my opinion - Emsisoft is better right now. But this is really a brilliant opportunity for MalwareBytes to overtake Emsisoft. Three months, maybe six months, MalwareBytes will be a top product suite.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
You know, this thread is so ironic.

Two giveaway Threads - Emsisoft Anti-Malware Giveaway, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware giveaway. Both launched December 26, 2016.

Emsisoft thread has 37 entries (and counting), has 50 licenses for giveaway.

MalwareBytes has 102 entries (and counting), but has 20 licenses for giveaway.

--That said, my opinion - Emsisoft is better right now. But this is really a brilliant opportunity for MalwareBytes to overtake Emsisoft. Three months, maybe six months, MalwareBytes will be a top product suite.
because there was a giveaway thead for EIS for 50 licenses before. Those members who won are not allowed to enter the new giveaway for EAM
there was also a one for MBAM but the number of licenses was less

This is why the number of users entering emsisoft giveaway thread is less

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
You're comparing an Antivirus (EAM) to an Antimalware (Malwarebytes 3.0). You can't really do that.
They are comparable. First, in the name of Emsisoft is ''Anti-malware'' not ''Antivirus''

Anti-malware is also a general term, which include all the threats present on the internet. On the Emsisoft website it is well explained:
(Why is it called "Anti-Malware" and not "Antivirus"
Our lab has determined that classic viruses only make up less than 0.5% of total threats (in 2016). Using "Antivirus" would therefore be wrong by definition. We're perfectionists so we have elected to use the broader term "Malware" as it stands for all kinds of online threats.)

Malwarebytes states on it's website that it is an antivirus replacement. It can be used with or without another antivirus or security suite. So by taking these details into consideration, EAM and Malwarebytes 3.0 can be compared.:)

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
It is still not the same kind of product as Malwarebytes 3.0. Emsisoft targets viruses and include Antivirus features that Malwarebytes 3.0 doesn't have, therefore, they are different.
They are designed to deal with all kinds of threats. Their methods are different.
Like for example, cloud antiviruses or security softwares use the cloud more than other products(who still use cloud tech but not to the same extent), but the goal is still to protect against all internet threats. Different products, methods, but same goals.:)

Reactions: Svoll
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Hi, i want to know what you would choose between those two products in terms of protection only. I think these two are great products, which are different in their approach with dealing with malwares and other nasty stuffs.

Emsisoft Anti-malware is more traditional with a Dual signature engine,and behavioural detection(trained also to stop Ransomwares) and web protection.

Malwarebytes 3.0 focuses more on Pro-active protection(behavioural protection), system and app hardening(exploit protection),has web and ransomware protection also, and focuses less on signatures compared to Emsisoft.

So, what would you choose between those two products to protect your system(without combining them).
As examples:
Why you think one approach is better than the other and vice/versa?
Perhaps due to how you use your PC, why you would prefer one product on the other.
How one product or the other could offer better protection, depending on your personal opinion?

Please, no product bashing ;)

Thanks.
They are both brilliant products but Emsisoft is & always will be the winner for me out of all AV products. MalwareBytes V3 is a brilliant application though that has extremely good protection.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.