Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
EAM can quarantine Windows Store apps but it cannot restore them back to their own place. Those apps on my PC are now corrupted and I have to go through the tedious process to delete the file in safe mode so I can reinstall. Just... why? I have an allergy to AVs that break programs. Time to find something new.

Last edited:

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
May I ask which app was damaged? Usually EAM doesn't pay attention to store apps.
I've already submitted it and it got whitelisted. Quicklook. EAM said it was doing dll injection.
Get QuickLook - Microsoft Store

Logging into Windows 10 as safe mode and deleting the folder from ProgramData was the only way to repair the app. I don't mind if Windows Store apps get quarantined but you guys should implement restoring back to quarantine because regular users and admins do not have access to the ProgramData folder without changing permissions in many places.

Reactions: brambedkar59
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.